Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to participate in the forum. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: janej

Joined: 3/10/2013
Posts: 3
GCT Trips Taken: 1
OAT Trips Taken: 3
Traveler Since: 2010

December 31, 2013

See many places that a "C" plug works for Chile, Argentina and Brazil (leaving soon) but also mention of plug types "I"  "L" and "N".....wondering what everyone else found with plugs - will taking a "C" (which is the same as required for Europe) take care of all three countries. 



Author: svncontinents

Joined: 11/25/2011
Posts: 231
GCT Trips Taken: 9
OAT Trips Taken: 10
Traveler Since: 2007

January 01, 2014

 We have always carried an international set of plug adaptors.  They don't take up much space, and the set we have is good for just about everywhere.  You can purchase such a set at Radio Shack, or if you forget, there are numerous stores at the airports which seel a variety of those sets.  It's better to be prepared with a set, IOV, rather than carrying a single one.  Additionally, what we're finding is that most hotels that you're likely to stay in have dul-mode plubs, where you can plug in either a two-prong standard North american plug or the two prong-round.  But even if you can plug it in, watch the voltage, because that's even more critical.

Author: garyrr

Joined: 8/25/2012
Posts: 202
GCT Trips Taken: 2
OAT Trips Taken: 20
Countries Visited:

Albania, Australia, Bahamas, Belgium, Belize, Botswana, Bulgaria, Canada, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Croatia, Curacao, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macau, Malaysia, Martinique, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Panama, Peoples' Republic of China, Peru, Portugal, Romania, Russia, S. Korea, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, Vatican City, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe

Traveler Since: 2000

January 02, 2014
While voltage is to be considered - it is most likely not an issue. Almost anything you take will be "dual voltage" - although you do need to check to be sure. Almost all battery chargers and tablet/computer connections are dual. Shavers are also. The main exception you might have are hair dryers - although there are travel dryers that are dual voltage. Just look at the item - most likely you'll see 110-240 V indicated.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.