Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to participate in the forum. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: saltaire

GCT Trips Taken: 4
OAT Trips Taken: 3
Traveler Since: 2012

September 08, 2017

Can anyone who will take this trip, please advise as to he difficulty of the walks after you return. Although it is rated as a 2 in the itinerary there are several times that it is stated that if the long walk is too much travelers do not have to participate.  Are the walks just long or are they strenuous and is there enough time allowed for the slower walkers?  We are interested in this trip for 2019 so any information from travelers will be helpful as always.

Author: richard r

GCT Trips Taken: 3
OAT Trips Taken: 15
Countries Visited:

I've lived and worked in Asia, Europe and the Middle East, plus Hawaii, Alaska and on both coasts of the USA.

Traveler Since: 1997

September 09, 2017

I'll be taking that trip in November with a son, and by Thanksgiving will have some feedback for the Forum.  

Richard

Author: saltaire

GCT Trips Taken: 4
OAT Trips Taken: 3
Traveler Since: 2012

September 09, 2017
Thanks

Author: captainlarry

GCT Trips Taken: 10
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Traveler Since: 2002

September 12, 2017

I looked at the itonerary for this tour/cruise, and, twenty years ago, I would have jumped at the chance. For a number of reasons, not the least being age and illness, I am not now interested. I have been almost everywhere the trip goes, and all of the sights would be worthy of a second visit. I expect that some sites will require some lengthy, if not strenuous, walking, But I'm sure there will be sufficient time for some rest periods. Many of the places you go will be of interest, more because of what you know or are told of the history, than of what you see today.,and the Suez Canal is one of them. For most of the five or six hours you are transiting the Canal, you can see sand and rocks, water, and, maybe, another ship in fromt of or behind yours. But, knowing the history of the Canal makes the transit rather spectacular. But Jerusalem. Masada, Petra, Luxor -- there is nothing else like them anywhere in the world.

Author: redqueen

GCT Trips Taken: 7
OAT Trips Taken: 8
Traveler Since: 2009

September 13, 2017

I'm booked for January.  I've always wanted to return to Egypt and couldn't resist the chance to see the Valley of the Kings and the Giza pyramids again.   I'll be looking forward to your impressions, Richard, especially your opinion of the Karnak Temple light show, which doesn't sound at all like my cup of tea.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.