Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to participate in the forum. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: travelgeek

GCT Trips Taken: 0
OAT Trips Taken: 15
Traveler Since: 2008

June 16, 2017

Although this isn't an GCT trip, I am posting a link to my photos for my December 2016 trip here because many GCT Forum posters/readers have traveled or plan to travel to Cuba.

This is a wonderful trip.  We had an outstanding group and an excellent TL.  Five of our group had been to Cuba previously with the Foundation, although not on our specific itinerary.  It was very interesting indeed to hear their impressions of Cuba on our trip versus their experiences and impressions from previous travels.

I hope that future travelers to Cuba will find these photos helpful.  I do not believe that the new restrictions on travel to Cuba that were announced today will affect the Foundation's trips, but perhaps Annmarie can confirm that.

Here is the link to my Cuba photos.

Author: richard r

GCT Trips Taken: 3
Countries Visited:

I've lived and worked in Asia, Europe and the Middle East, plus Hawaii, Alaska and on both coasts of the USA.

Traveler Since: 1997

June 20, 2017

Excellent street photography, travelgeek, but your fine images nevertheless convince me that there is much more of interest to me elsewhere in the World than I could expect to find in Cuba. On the other hand, I acknowledge that everyone who has been to Cuba seems happy with the experience, and that's good for them and for the Cubans with whom they came in contact. 

Richard

Author: travelgeek

GCT Trips Taken: 0
Traveler Since: 2008

June 21, 2017

Richard, thank you for the complements about my photography.  Street photography is becoming the area of photography that most interests me.

We all travel for different reasons.  I am most interested in seeing countries in transition and/or where I might not be able to travel in the future.  I regret that I did not see the beauty and rich history of Syria before it was so tragically destroyed.  My next trip is to Iran if travel there is not banned by my scheduled departure date. 

I am hoping to return to Africa in 2018 to see more of South Africa, its people and its wildlife.  That is a trip which appeals to the various areas that interest me.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.