I agree with most of the posts here Inner Circle is No Big Deal. On our last trip to Tunisia with OAT everyone on the trip was Inner Circle so we all got a pin. On the last day the PD did give several nice gifts to the couple who had made the most trips, over 25, and the rest of us got a pin. The following are my observations on Inner Circle.
1. Pins - I think it is a new thing, because we did not receive those until our 2009 trip.
2. Pre-trip Gifts - We received a gift for ever trip we have taken. The only difference is that when we became Inner Circle we got to pick the gift. Before that they just sent something.
3. Better Rooms – I have never seen any difference. It always seems to be the luck of the draw.
4. Calendar – Nice calendar but we STOPPED receiving those after 2 years.
5. Special Recognition - At the welcome brief the PD has always mentioned who in Inner Circle and thanked them for traveling with GCT/OAT.
6. Name and Luggage Tags – This is only for GCT. OAT does not use name tags and everyone get the same luggage tags.
7. Special Phone Number - The number is not published on the web site so I can never find it when I’m ready to book a trip. If you call the regular number from your home phone they use caller ID and have all of you info looked up before they answer the phone and know you are Inner Circle. So, I’m not sure if the service is better on the Inner Circle number.
8. Inner Circle Cocktail Party – Those are only on GCT owned ships. We have only taken one river ship trip and they did have a 1 hour party one night before dinner.