Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: suekansas

Traveler Since: 2003

June 18, 2013

The other day I saw a post in regard to the fact that many-time travelers should be rewarded.  That the equity between and 3 time and a 30 time doesn't differ much.   Now I can't find the post, so I will start my own subject. 

We think that GCT/OAT is a wonderful company.  That is why we are ready to leave on our 31st trip and will be doing "The Essence of the Elbe: Berlin to Prague" next week.  (On my postings I think it is showing only 28 but that isn't correct.)

I think someone mentioned that if you are a frequent traveler you wil be upgraded to a better cabin.  That isn't necessarily so.  We have been on a few occasions, but it's been some time now since we've been upgraded.  I have also seen that the many time travelers get the best rooms at a hotel.  That has happened several times, but other times I would imagine the tour director has never been told that, so it hasn't happened.   

I do feel that there are occasions when I call GCT to book that we have received a few special considerations.  We have also been given nice gifts while on a cruise for being among those who have traveled the most with GCT. 

I absolutely beleive that after say 10, 20 or 30 trips some kind of special courtesy should be given.  This is not happening!  We have also traveled with GoAhead Vacations and I know for a fact that after 20 trips you are given a free trip up to the value of $3,000.  After 10 trips you receive free travel insurance.  It's free travel cancelation after 6 trips. 

I have a travel blog and I think that GCT/OAT benefits greatly from my very positive review of the fantastic trips we have taken with them. 

So, GCT, how about rewarding those of us that are long time and many time faithful travelers with this company? 

My travel blog:  http://thefarmersmeanderings.wordpress.com/

Author: gobuckeyes

Traveler Since: 2005

June 18, 2013

There are additional comments on this topic at a thread titled "inner circle members"

http://www.gct.com/home-GCT/Community/Travel-Forum.aspx?g=posts&t=4009#

The last post was:

Hello Everybody -

Thank you for your feedback & suggestions.

This thread has been forwarded to the department that manages our Loyalty Clubs.  We are looking into how we can better serve & reward our loyal travelers.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

GCT/GCCL Forum Moderator

Re: Thank you for your feedback & suggestions.

Too often the Forum Moderator posts something like the above post, and you never hear anything about it again. How about GCT/OAT giving us some feedback as to what the office that they were forwarded to actually does with our suggestions. In my opinion, there needs to be some followup on issues like this (i.e. that are forwarded to the responsible department). What was the people in that specific department's opinion/comments?, what was their actions in response to the suggestion?; and (if it was elevated) what is top management's opinion on the issue?, and what (if anything) is actually being changed?

Author: suekansas

Traveler Since: 2003

June 19, 2013

Thank you gobuckeyes for finding the thread for me.  I looked and never could find it.  I just copied & pasted this comment under that thread and asked Michelle to please forward my comments also. 

I think this is a legtimate concern and might behoove GCT to address this. 

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.