Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: luisa

Countries Visited:

Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France, Monoco, Croatia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji

Traveler Since: 2006

February 17, 2011

I wonder too. I just posted on this on the OAT site. I posted yesterday, as did three or four others and the posts were unreadable.

I'm not happy about this $100 charge and wonder about the explanation. I'm being charged the $100 for my fall trip and am doing land only, making my own air arrangements.

I have a bad feeling about it -- hope there are no more surprises coming.

Author: janice!

Countries Visited:

many

Traveler Since: 1999

February 17, 2011

The posts on that topic are back in their proper place today but I don't know if any are missing.  I suspect the problem is related to a recent change that reduced the long list of places visited in posts which is a change I was pleased to see.  However, it appears they implemented the change before doing adequate testing.

Author: grandcircle

Trips Taken: 0

February 17, 2011

Hello All -

There was a technical issue late yesterday with our display feature.  This has been fixed and all posts are displaying correctly now.  We have not deleted any posts.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

GCT Forum Moderator

Author: jpkach

Traveler Since: 2008

February 19, 2011

Michelle,

If all the posts are available on this site, where are they? I only see the ones that refer to the 100.00 charges and the one praising the trip.....Is this part of the technical problem.

Thank You,

Author: jayge

Traveler Since: 2004

February 21, 2011

Re: $100 invoice charge

I would appreciate it if anyone knows what this charge is for?

Thank you.

Author: luvtravelin

Traveler Since: 2001

February 21, 2011

According to our invoice on "My Account" for our OCT., 2011 trip the $100.00/person  increase is listed as:

"Currency and Transportaion Price Increase". 

Author: sungiver2009

Countries Visited:

Costa Rica, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Peru, Ecuador, Mexico, Puerto Rico etc.

Traveler Since: 2009

March 05, 2011

Hello good people!

What is this 100.00 fee posted by a few travelers?  I had traveled three times before and am planning another in April.  So, what am I supposed to look for?  Thanks for all your help.

Anonymous 

Author: janice!

Countries Visited:

many

Traveler Since: 1999

March 05, 2011

Hello anonymous ,

If you haven't been notified of an increase, then it's unlikely that you were charged the $100 fee.  To verify this, go to your account information and look at the invoice for the April trip.

Author: uofmich77

Traveler Since: 2005

March 05, 2011

It seems people are getting different explanations for the $100 charge per person. I called to make a final payment for a trip in June and asked what the additional charge was for. I was told it was because we were having some transfers on our trip!? We've always had transfers on our trip and why is this answer different from others?

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.