Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: nestle

GCT Trips Taken: 1
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Countries Visited:

Mostly cruises... both eastern and western Caribbean, Canada/New England, Florida, California and Italy.

Traveler Since: 2011

January 29, 2011

Any one else going?

Author: rwhansen

GCT Trips Taken: 5
Traveler Since: 2010

March 09, 2011

My wife and I are going on June 6 and would appreciate any "heads up" comments when you return.

Author: jayge

GCT Trips Taken: 11
Traveler Since: 2004

March 21, 2011

Anyone going on Eastern Europe to the Black Sea on May 25?  We are starting with the pre-trip in Sinaia, Romania and then the river cruise followed by the post trip in Prague.  We have been on this trip before....3 years ago and it is a very interesting trip.  The river ship on this particular time slot is the Aria which is another great ship of Grand Circle.

March 21, 2011

I will be glad to post a report of the "Eastern Europe to the Black Sea".  Three years ago when we took this trip the water level was too shallow for the ship for the final part of the cruise so we spent extra time in Bucharest.  We were notified before we left that there was a possibility of the low water level in the river and opted to go anyway and we had a wonderful time.

If you are able, the pre-post trips were excellent (Sinaia, Romania and Prague, Hungary).  We are doing both again this trip.

The home visits on GCT trips are always a "highlight" of the trip.  A wonderful opportunity to make "friends" with people of other countries and for them to get to know Americans.

We are anxious to see how much progress these Balkan countries have made since they were under Communist rule.  The learning about the history of that part of the world is very interesting.

Last year we did the Seine River and before that the Russian trip.  Both were outstanding!

All the GCT trips we have taken are memorable.

May 12, 2011

This is a question for anyone who goes on GCT's rivercruises.

The last two we did were Russia and Seine River (two past summers).

On both trips we received an email from the Program Director assigned to us just prior to leaving (about a couple of weeks or so).

Is this routine to receive these about two weeks prior to each trip?

We are leaving May 24 to pre-trip before Eastern Europe to the Black Sea and are hoping to hear from a Program Director.

Did anyone else,  receive such emails this current year for any trip?

A prompt reply will be appreciated.

Author: hootie

GCT Trips Taken: 8
Countries Visited:

China, Austria, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, Serbia, Croatia, Romania, Transylvania, Bulgaria, Chech Republic, Slavakia, Bratislava, Egypt, Israel, Cyprus, Crete, Greece, Turkey, Istanbul, Italy, England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Estonia, Russia, Tahiti & French Polynesia/Society Islands, Hawaiian Islands, Bermuda, Alaska, Costa Rica, Mexico, United States, Panama Canal, Caribbean (extensively), Canada/Nova Scotia, Canary Islands, Gibralter, Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Vatican City, France, Holland, Belgium, Tasmania, Australia, New Zealand, Ukraine, Russia.

Traveler Since: 2001

May 12, 2011

jayge...PD e-mail...

Our last trip was December 2010, Christmas Markets Along the Rhine, and we DID receive an email.  We've traveled with GCT on 6 trips (5 river cruises) and this was only the second time we were emailed.  I've heard that the PD's don't always know well in advance which ship or tour they will be doing.  They get switched around due to illness, vacations, etc.  Some may not have the time or even like doing it. 

I think it's a good idea and maybe something NEW GC is starting.  It would be nice to have a "go to" person who is knowledgeable about your specific trip.  Customer service (once you get through to them!) can be very helpful with general questions but not all questions are general.

We are doing the Russian Revealed trip in the fall.  I have lots of questions!  I check this forum often and have learned alot from other travelers...they're the one's who've been there.  I'm hoping there will be some updated "travelers reviews".

I'm sure you will have a wonderful trip.  We've never taken one that was SO BAD, we wished we hadn't.

I hope you get an email before your trip. 

Author: garyjulie

GCT Trips Taken: 4

May 17, 2011

I'm leaving for Eastern Europe in 3 days and received an e-mail from our program director a few days ago. This is my 4th GCT trip and the first time this has happened.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.