Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to participate in the forum. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: clintoncl

GCT Trips Taken: 10
OAT Trips Taken: 2
Traveler Since: 2002

September 10, 2011

I thought you used to have a Canadian railroad and land trip.  Is anything in the works?

I agree with whoever asked why there aren't more USA trips.

Author: pauline

GCT Trips Taken: 11
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

February 01, 2017

I see that both of the former Canadian trips are back for 2017.  The TransCanada Railway trip was one I took, although not with GCT.  The scenery was beautiful, going either way.  And the Canadian Maritimes was also enjoyable.  We couldn't get into a GCT tour for that, so we went with someone else.  But there's a lot to see and learn about.  When we took that one, it left from Boston by bus to New Brunswick, I think it was.  We lucked out with the weather.  It was cool, but it stayed sunny the whole trip.

I recommend both of them, depending on how much time you have available.

Author: richard r

GCT Trips Taken: 2
OAT Trips Taken: 15
Countries Visited:

I've lived and worked in Asia, Europe and the Middle East, plus Hawaii, Alaska and on both coasts of the USA.

Traveler Since: 1997

February 06, 2017

My wife and I took Best of the Canadian Rockies (Vancouver to Calgary) some years ago and enjoyed it very much. It has returned to the GCT product line for 2017, and i recommend it highly.  We also did the Vancouver-Victoria extension, and that was a treat as well.  

I see that this topic originated six years ago, leaving me to wonder if the writer is still monitoring the Forum. He/she received no response until this week. 

Richard

Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

February 07, 2017

I didn't realize that until I'd hit Post, Richard.  But how did that question show up under Recent posts?  I certainly didn't go back 5 or 6 years to find it.

Author: janice.

GCT Trips Taken: 7

February 07, 2017

It was in the list of recent posts because someone had posted a message adverising a resort in Canada. It was deleted after a few days.

Author: tpreminger

GCT Trips Taken: 4
OAT Trips Taken: 3

February 09, 2017

There are two Canada trips available for 2017.  One The Best of the Canadian Rockies and another that goes by rail.  Didn't check to see if they're booked up.

I took "The Best" trip in September 2016 and found it a lot less than advertised.  Though the mountains and lakes were beautiful, after a dozen or so of each....now what?  In addition, our guide was new and inexperience and offered none of the "extras" most progam leaders do. 

Reviews are very mixed for this updated version.  The star score is misleading as reviews from earlier version of this trip are included.

Countries Visited:

February 09, 2017

There are actually three Canadian trips marked as New for 2017.  I didn't take the Best of ... years ago, only the TransCanada Railway one and the Canadian Maritimes, and neither with GCT.  Both were discontinued a few years later for some reason.  Someone I know took the TransCanada one and told me that the PD had been very unsatisfactory.  He started talking before everyone was off the bus and refused to go back and repeat what he'd said.  That was before the Whispers.  He also made derogatory remarks about certain people, including some in the group.

Author: luisa

GCT Trips Taken: 7
OAT Trips Taken: 2
Countries Visited:

Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France, Monoco, Croatia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji. Ireland

Traveler Since: 2006

April 21, 2017

I took the Canadian Maritimes last October and it was a very nice trip. We flew in and out of Halifax and bused through the rest. No problem with hotels, meals, PD, all went well. I especially enjoyed our time on, or near, the water and learning about the tides of the Bay of Fundy. 

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.