The M/S River Allegro was ranked #3 in Condé Nast Traveler’s “Top 40 River Cruise Ships in the World” 2014 Readers’ Poll.
The M/S River Allegro—our newest river ship—officially joined the Grand Circle Cruise Line fleet in 2011. We’ve renovated this vessel with an emphasis on comfort, reducing the number of berths from 108 to 90; expanding the bar and lounge area; redecorating the dining room; and more. Because we own and operate the M/S River Allegro exclusively for Grand Circle Cruise Line travelers, we can control the quality of your onboard experience and ensure that you’re well taken care of as you cruise along the Elbe River. This river ship provides an intimate cruising experience for just two groups of no more than 45 travelers, each with its own expert resident Program Director.
This ship is featured on these popular cruises:
- Dining room with single open seating. Enjoy fine cuisine in your ship’s non-smoking dining room.
- Bar & lounge. Relax with friends old and new.
- Complimentary coffee and tea. Help yourself 24 hours a day in your ship’s lounge.
- Complimentary wireless Internet access available onboard in the reception area and lounge. Please note: Wireless Internet access is not available in cabins or other common areas; connectivity is limited in certain locations on River Cruise itineraries.
- Sun Deck. Sit outside and enjoy the view as your ship glides past scenic landscapes.
- English-speaking crew. Our staff is dedicated to your comfort, and all shipboard announcements are made in English.
- Smoking/non-smoking. Smoking is not permitted indoors on this ship, but is permitted on the Sun Deck.
- Cruise with just 90 passengers —a 3:1 ratio of passenger-to-staff.
- Shipboard security. State-of-the-art, shipboard radar ensures safe navigation at night and in low visibility; safe docking space; onboard security staff; state-of-the-art fire safety system; and secured entryway doors.
- Cabin size is approximately 120 square feet
- Twin beds that convert to sofas. During the day, you can sit and relax on the sofa. When you arrive at your cabin in the evening, you’ll find that the couches have been converted to comfortable beds with approximately two feet of space between them.
- Cabins feature a large picture window and river views
- All cabins have a wardrobe, a drawer, and luggage storage space under the beds
- Private bath with shower, hair dryer, shampoo and soap
- Individual heating & air-conditioning controls
- Flat-screen color TV , including CNN, movies, music selections, and a “view from the bow” camera looking out the front of your ship
- Direct-dial telephone with emergency call buttons
- In-room safe
- All non-smoking cabins
Ship and Crew Information
- Registry: Malta
- Width & length: 36 feet by 320 feet
- Passenger capacity: 90
- Crew/Nationality: 29/International
- Entered service: 1991
- Refurbished in: 2011
- Decks: 3
- Number of cabins: 48—all outside
- Elevator: No
Call us to reserve your next vacation1-800-221-2610