Travel in the wake of legendary explorers on a journey to the ice continent aboard a 150-passenger Ocean Diamond expedition ship. We exclusively charter this vessel for our Antarctic expeditions. The ship holds six groups of no more than 25 travelers, each with its own local Trip Leader. A 17-member Expedition Team is present during every voyage to provide insights into Antarctic history, ecology, and research, and to accompany travelers on all Zodiac expeditions and landings.
This ship is featured on these popular cruises:
- Restaurant with single, open seating: Savor international and American dishes during all meals.
- Two comfortable lounges: Participate in informative lectures and discussions with your Expedition Team and Trip Leader.
- Complimentary beverages: Enjoy house beer and wine—as well as soft drinks—at any time of day while onboard.
- Complimentary wireless Internet access: Connect online in select common areas. Please note: Access may be limited in certain locations.
- Panoramic Observation Deck: : Relish views of snow-dusted shores bathed in the pink light of the summer sun from the Observation Deck.
- English-speaking crew: Enjoy dedicated attention from the ship’s staff throughout your journey.
- Zodiac crafts: Venture into the Antarctic landscape—including cruises and shore landings—aboard the ship’s Zodiacs.
- 70-double occupancy cabins between 179-398 sq. ft.; 10-single occupancy cabins are 179-200 sq. ft.
- All outside-facing with a balcony or window (some obstructed views)
- Double-occupancy cabins have either one double bed or two twin beds; single-occupancy cabins have one double bed
- Flat-screen TV, DVD player, telephone, safe
- Private bath with shower and toiletries
Ship & Crew Information
- Registration: Bahamas
- Length: 406 feet
- Beam: 52 feet
- Draft: 16 feet
- Passenger capacity: 150
- Entered service: 1974
- Last refurbished: 2017
- Staff and crew size: 144
- Passenger decks (in use): 5
- Group size: 25 travelers maximum, with 1 Trip Leader
- Elevator service to all passenger decks
Call us to reserve your next vacation1-800-221-2610