The latest river ship added to our privately owned fleet, the M/S River Chanson is ready to set sail on its inaugural cruising year on the Rhone River. This newly-refurbished river ship has been updated with elegant touches, like marble and brass fixtures, to provide an intimate, classic cruising experience. All cabins are outside-facing, and are comfortable and well-appointed. Connect with your fellow travelers in the inviting common areas, and enjoy striking panoramic vistas of France’s Provence region from the teak-covered Sun Deck. All the while, our gracious, English-speaking ship crew of 24 will ensure that you enjoy a welcoming onboard experience. Ship amenities include a Sun Deck, bar, lounge, and floor-to-ceiling cabin windows.
NEW for 2020: This ship is featured on
- Dining room with single open seating. Enjoy fine cuisine in your ship’s non-smoking dining room.
- Bar and lounge. Relax with friends old and new.
- Complimentary beverages. Enjoy house beer and house wine—as well as soft drinks—at any time of day while onboard.
- Complimentary wireless Internet access: Connect online in cabins and common areas.
Please Note: Connectivity may be limited at certain points throughout your River Cruise Tour.
- Teak-covered Sun Deck. Sit outside and enjoy the view as your ship glides past the French countryside.
- English-speaking crew: Our crew is dedicated to your comfort, and all shipboard announcements are made in English.
- Shipboard security: State-of-the-art, shipboard radar ensures safe navigation at night and in low visibility; safe docking space; onboard security staff; up-to-date fire safety systems; and secured entryway doors.
- Complimentary bicycles: Explore like a local on one of our complimentary electric or standard bicycles.
- Outside cabins with a river view
- Cabin sizes are approximately 120- to 150-square feet
- Main Deck cabins 2-15 feature double beds that cannot be separated upper-deck views; and closer proximity to the ship’s bar, restaurant, lounge, and library
- All cabins have a wardrobe and a drawer, and luggage storage space under the beds
- Private bath with shower, including a hair dryer, shampoo, and soap
- Flat-screen color TV & radio, including CNN, movies, and a “view from the bow” camera looking out the front of your ship
- Direct-dial telephone; emergency call buttons
- In-room safe
- All non-smoking cabins
Ship and Crew Information
- Registry: France
- Width: 32 feet
- Length: 338 feet
- Passenger capacity: 86
- International Crew: 24
- Decks: 3
- Number of cabins: 43—all outside
- Elevator: No