What to Expect
- This program is not appropriate for travelers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids. This trip is suitable for travelers who live an active lifestyle, enjoy good health and mobility, and are comfortable participating in 6-8 hours of daily physical activities and sightseeing. You should be able to walk 3 miles unassisted over the course of each day, over a mix of city streets, uneven cobblestone paths, and rocky slopes. Agility is required to board a tender boat for a shore excursion. We reserve the right for our Program Directors to modify participation, or in some circumstances send travelers home if their limitations are impacting the group's experience.
- We drive overland in an air-conditioned coach, and we cruise the Aegean in a private small ship. We’ll board a small boat for a shore excursion. We will have the chance to travel by funicular (cable car) or by donkey.
- Pacing: 4 locations and 7 nights onboard ship in 16 days with 1 one-night stay.
- All accommodations are hotel-standard, with a variety of amenities and personal service, as well as private baths with hot showers and Western-style toilet facilities.
- Group size & leadership: 25 maximum. We share our ship with one other group of 25 Grand Circle travelers. Each group has its own Program Director.
U.S. citizens will need a visa (or visas) for this trip. In addition, there may be other entry requirements that also need to be met. For your convenience, we’ve included a quick reference list, organized by country:
- Greece: No visa required.
- Turkey: Visa required.
Travelers who are booked on this vacation will be sent a complete Visa Packet— with instructions, applications, and a list of visa fees—approximately 100 days prior to their departure. (Because many countries limit the validity of their visa from the date it is issued, or have a specific time window for when you can apply, we do not recommend applying too early.)
If you are not a U.S. citizen, do not travel with a U.S. passport, or will be traveling independently before/after this trip, then your entry requirements may be different. Please check with the appropriate embassy or a visa servicing company. To contact our recommended visa servicing company, PVS International, call toll-free at 1-800-556-9990.
For a detailed and up-to-date list of vaccinations that are recommended for this trip, please visit the CDC’s “Traveler’s Health” website.