Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: sashie

GCT Trips Taken: 2
OAT Trips Taken: 7
Countries Visited:

All seven continents.

Traveler Since: 2007

January 27, 2011

I have been travelling the world for over 35 years and been to all 7 continents. I am looking for a new experience/dedtination. Suggestions?

Countries Visited:

All seven continents.

January 28, 2011

Thank you for your humor. Earth, or the world, in or on all continents, still leaves me with places to experience prior to going to outer space. The only places you had been that I had not experienced were Letuiso...where is it?...and ZuluLand.  Are they intresting and a place I should go?

Again, I hope you continue to enjoy life and entertaining  others.

Author: naiken2407

OAT Trips Taken: 2
Traveler Since: 2009

January 29, 2011

Sashi;

If you have not visited the Caribbean then you are missing a great experience.

The Bahamas, Turk & Cacus Islands, Jamaica, Barbadoes and the Entire Eastern Caribbean Windward Islands will be a treat for two weeks.

I recommend a Jamaica "All Inclusive Resort" in Negril for a week. Then Barbadoes for the other week. You will return to the USA dancing in the streets

Norman

Author: luisa

GCT Trips Taken: 6
OAT Trips Taken: 2
Countries Visited:

Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France, Monoco, Croatia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji. Ireland

Traveler Since: 2006

February 01, 2011

I understand the outer space answer; it sounds like you've been everywhere on earth. It would be helpful to know where you haven't been and what your interests are before making any suggestions. Maybe you should just revisit your favorites, whatever they are.

Author: pauline

GCT Trips Taken: 11
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

February 01, 2011

Have you seen every single part of every place you've been in all seven continents?  Isn't there someplace you'd like to go back and spend more time in?  Without knowing where you've been and what you liked best, it would be hard for anyone to make any suggestions.

Author: gobuckeyes

GCT Trips Taken: 4
OAT Trips Taken: 9
Traveler Since: 2005

February 01, 2011

The opposite of outer space, here's one you prbably haven't done:

Adventure Vacation to the Titanic on a Submarine

Article dated: Jan 19, 2011

Most people consider the Titanic, the world's most famous shipwreck, as the sort of thing visited either in a museum or vicariously through documentaries and feature films. However, the growing availability of

deep-water submersibles has opened the door to the Titanic becoming a tourist destination. Deep Ocean Expeditions operates an annual trip to the wreck of the Titanic, where paying guests can travel into the abyssal depths aboard the same submarines used by filmmakers like James Cameron and visit the wreck. Although expensive ($60,000 per person), the price tag for this adventure is substantially cheaper than similar extreme adventure vacations such as going into space on a Russian rocket, and puts the patron into a rarefied group of people who have been to and seen the Titanic first-hand.

The Titanic expedition lasts for two weeks. Patrons depart from New Foundland in Canada, and spend a few days in transit and participating in classes about the Titanic and the submarines (and overcoming sea sickness, hopefully). After arriving at the wreck, several days are spent sending the company's MIR submarines down to the wreck, with each patron receiving one dive on the Titanic.

Deep Ocean Expeditions uses two submarines,MIR! and MIR2  both designed by the Soviet Union and built by Finland. Patrons spend 2 1/2 hours slowly descending the 12,500 feet into the inky dark of the deep ocean aboard a cold, cramped vessel with no restrooms. The MIR submersibles are not comfortable, but true adventure rarely is. After arriving on the wreck, three to four hours are spent exploring the wreck, focused mostly on the iconic bow section and the bridge. As often seen in Titanic documentaries, patrons view the lost ship through thick, dome-shape portholes. With the exploration over, the return trip to the surface requires a further 2 1/2 hours. Through the journey and on the bottom, the submarine might encounter deep sea organisms, so patrons should always keep one eye on the viewing portals even when the vessel is not off the Titanic!

More at: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/6219846/adventure_vacation_to_the_titanic_on.html?cat=16

Author: sandys

GCT Trips Taken: 4
Countries Visited:

Most countries in Western Europe - Many countries in Eastern Europe. New Zealand, Australia, Cook Islands, Easter Island. Chile, Peru, Costa Rica, Guatemala, El Salvador, Belize, Honduras, Mexico (including Copper Canyon), South Africa. Almost all states in the USA, including Hawaii and Alaska. Canada, Bahamas, Many of the Caribbean Islands. China, Thailand.

Traveler Since: 2005

February 05, 2011

Have you been to Easter Island?  That was our most fascinating destination.  It is offered as a pre or post on several GCT/OAT tours.

If you like islands, have you visited the Cook Islands - Rarotonga and Aitutaki are absolutely gorgeous.

It also may be time to revisit locales that you especially loved, as others have suggested.

Countries Visited:

All seven continents.

February 08, 2011

Thanks Sandys. The Easter Islands is one place I had the opportunity to visit as part of an extended trip and did not. I have regretted that decision. Will put this suggestions on my list.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.