Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: sandys

Trips Taken: 11
Countries Visited:

Most countries in Western Europe - Many countries in Eastern Europe. New Zealand, Australia, Cook Islands, Easter Island. Chile, Peru, Costa Rica, Guatemala, El Salvador, Belize, Honduras, Mexico (including Copper Canyon), South Africa. Almost all states in the USA, including Hawaii and Alaska. Canada, Bahamas, Many of the Caribbean Islands. China, Thailand.

Traveler Since: 2005

March 08, 2010

I like your new discussion forum. One improvement that I would suggest is to have an option of being notified when someone replies to your post - similar to the TripAdvisor forum. 

A box that could be checked would serve this purpose. 

Author: grandcircle

Trips Taken: 0

March 09, 2010
Thank you very much for the suggestion to add a notification when someone has responded to a posting. We are actively looking for additional enhancements that we can make to these new websites in order to better serve our travelers. We will be making some changes in the coming weeks and will see what we can do about a notification.

Please continue to share your feedback either through the Suggestions topic in Traveler Discussions or via email by clicking on the following link:

Best Regards,
Grand Circle Travel

Author: mojomcd

Trips Taken: 1
Traveler Since: 2009

March 12, 2010

Notification of a reply would be a good idea and I support it.

Different topic:  As I get older I have less and less patience with long airline flights to meet a cruise departure. Flying is more like incarceration than anything else and certainly not a pleasure. The airlines are making it more difficult with baggage restrictions and seating charges. At least overseas flights still have meals!  We have taken several cruises that depart from Galveston or Houston that are close enough that we can drive to meet the ship. We like this much better. We need more sailings from US  ports that will allow us to to sail and return to US ports. We enjoyed cruises from US ports to London, Hawaii, Alaska and Vancouver. Last year we took a long Mediterranean cruise which was very pleasant but the air travel was so unpleasant and stressful it took most of a week to recover.

mojomcd

Author: gobuckeyes

Trips Taken: 13
Traveler Since: 2005

July 12, 2010

Different topic:  As I get older I have less and less patience with long airline flights to meet a cruise departure. Flying is more like incarceration than anything else and certainly not a pleasure. The airlines are making it more difficult with baggage restrictions and seating charges. At least overseas flights still have meals!  We have taken several cruises that depart from Galveston or Houston that are close enough that we can drive to meet the ship. We like this much better. We need more sailings from US  ports that will allow us to to sail and return to US ports. We enjoyed cruises from US ports to London, Hawaii, Alaska and Vancouver. Last year we took a long Mediterranean cruise which was very pleasant but the air travel was so unpleasant and stressful it took most of a week to recover.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FWIW, If you are not interested in any of the current GCT "large cruise ship" tours; Holland America has a few cruise itineries (that they do once or twice a year) that might interest you. They are round trip from a US city (i.e. no long international flight) and they go to "exotic" locations. 

30-DAY SECRET CIVILIZATIONS - round trip from Ft. Lauderdale going to Lima Peru (goes through the Panama Canal twice).

35-DAY VOYAGE OF THE VIKINGS - round trip from Boston going to Europe with numerous stops in the northern Atlantic/Europe.

23-DAY AMAZON EXPLORER - round trip from Ft. lauderdale going up the Amazon River to Manaus, Brazil.

31-DAY CIRCLE HAWAII/TAHITI/MARQUESAS  - round trip from San Diego to Hawaii and Tahiti.

30-DAY INCAN EMPIRES - round trip from San Diego to Lima, Peru.

Suggestion: Maybe GCT could do some similiar itineries and/or offer package deals (cruise, air, tranfers, and some port tours (like to Machu Picchu on the South American itineries, etc.)) that include these cruises.

P.S. I'm booked on the first two in 2011.

Author: grandcircle

Trips Taken: 0

July 12, 2010
We do offer 2 of those itineraries with a package including airfare and transfers.
The CIRCLE HAWAII/TAHITI/MARQUESAS  - round trip from San Diego to Hawaii and Tahiti, and INCAN EMPIRES - round trip from San Diego to Lima, Peru. Not all of our ocean cruises are up on our website, but you can call our travel counselors for details.

Regards,

Cynthia

GCT Forum Moderator

Author: wyocboy

Trips Taken: 4
Traveler Since: 2011

February 05, 2011

Question.....WWhen is shipwide WiFi going to be available on GCT's European ships?  Viking and Avalon have had it for quite sometime.

Author: jayge

Trips Taken: 10
Traveler Since: 2004

June 30, 2011

My husband and I are great fans of Grand Circle river cruising and have completed our 7th one this May (2011) to Eastern Europe and the Black Sea.

I would like to point out that on the "home visit" we were not entertained at the home of the family but in a building on their property being renovated.  The walls were rough concrete with heaps of dry concrete at the foot of the walls, etc.  It was not a pleasant place to visit.    They had a beautiful home judging from the outside but we never got to see inside.  The family was very gracious and served us wonderful food and we had nice discussions.

Seine River trip....This was another so-called "home visit" where we weret invited into a renovation situation. There was equipment in the yard for digging, etc..  It felt like being in a very old basement environment.

We used to think the home visit was one of the highlights of each trip.  We have enjoyed great home visit the previous 5 river trips but not the last two (as described).

Suggestion: that Grand Circle look into this matter.

Thank you kindly, Moderator, for passing this on.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.