Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: gypsy

Trips Taken: 5
Traveler Since: 2010

March 07, 2010

This will be my first overseas travel by myself.  I have traveled often but only with my husband.  He has decided not to travel anymore and was happy to see that I am willing to go it alone.  Any advice from previous participants on this Itinerary?  Who out there is going on this date?

Gypsy

Author: mzem

Trips Taken: 6
Traveler Since: 2002

March 13, 2010

I did this trip last October as a single traveler and had a wonderful time. The program director never had to work to include me as other travellers quickly became friends. Of course, I made it a point not to be a 'needy' single! Be prepared to be dazzled by China!

Author: edithtreadwell

Trips Taken: 11
Countries Visited:

Coast to coast in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, China, Thailand, Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Spain, Great Britain, Scotland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, northern Russia, Lithuania, all of Eastern/Western Europe, Turkey (10/09), most of the Caribbean Islands. I would like to go to Africa, Australia, New Zealand and India. I would also like to go back to Turkey, since I fractured my ankle in route and had to turn around and come home without seeing anything but a few hours worth in Istanbul.

Traveler Since: 2000

March 17, 2010

It was interesting to see your post. The China/Yangtze trip with GCT was my first trip alone after my husband died. I only did it because I had traveled with GCT before with my husband and knew that the people who take their tours would welcome me into the group easily and happily and that was exactly the case. I know it will be for you, too. I went in December, '07, and it was very cold in Beijing, but wonderfully pleasant as we progressed south  toward Hong Kong. Then I went on to Thailand. You will absolutely love this trip. The Chinese are delighted to see travelers and many are actually beginning to see their own country, too. For generations they weren't able to travel. There is absolutely nothing we know that we can compare with China and it's history, so enjoy!

Author: mbreheny

Trips Taken: 12
Traveler Since: 2005

October 26, 2010

Gypsy:

My husband will be going on the China and the Yangtze trip and will leave on June 2, 2011.  We will not be taking the pre-trip to Japan, which means that we probably will be on the same trip as you.   Let's keep in touch.

Mary B.

Author: mbreheny

Trips Taken: 12
Traveler Since: 2005

October 26, 2010

Gypsy:

Correction.  Make that "My husband and I."  Sorry.

Mary B.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.