Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: paul_and_darlene

Countries Visited:

International travel: Mexico, Guatemala, Costa Rico, Peru, Ecuador, Sailed the Caribbean Westward Islands, Frequent visitor to Bahamas' Out Islands, China, Barged the Netherlands, Germany, France, Austria, cruised the Danube, Italy, ........

Traveler Since: 2010

November 28, 2010

Hello

My wife & I always like to try and fit in at least one 1/2 day or so horseback ride while traveling. It usually gives us another (less touristy) prospective of the area we are visiting.

We are going on the "Ancient Egypt & the Nile River" Dec. 26, 2010 trip. I have contacted a couple stables just outside Cairo that offer 1/2 day rides and the prices seem reasonable.

I thought we might be able to work it in the after the  Giza Plateau - the Great Pyramids morning tour.

Anyone out their done this or that can you offer information & suggestion?

Paul vl

Author: paul_and_darlene

Countries Visited:

International travel: Mexico, Guatemala, Costa Rico, Peru, Ecuador, Sailed the Caribbean Westward Islands, Frequent visitor to Bahamas' Out Islands, China, Barged the Netherlands, Germany, France, Austria, cruised the Danube, Italy, ........

Traveler Since: 2010

November 29, 2010

Any body on this trip interested in joining us?

Paul & Darlene vl

Author: gobuckeyes

Traveler Since: 2005

November 30, 2010

Just saying...

If you do a private tour in Cairo I suggest that you make sure the "secruity issue" is taken care of. I did the OAT Egypt and The Nile River w/Jordan - Petra pretrip in June 2010.   We always had an armed tourist police guard with us (it did vary dependng on the area; either one armed guard per two mini busses, one armed guard on each mini bus, and one armed guard on each mini bus and a police car with three more armed guards following the busses, etc.). There were armed police/security guards all over the tourist sites visited as well as at check points entering the sites. I'm sure there is a reason for this. Which is the same reason that you may not want to wander off too far from the hotel on your own unless your security can be assured. With that being said, I never felt in danger and/or worried about my safety the entire time I was in Egypt or Jordan.  

Author: profsbz

Countries Visited:

Most of the USA, Europe, Jamaica, UK, Israel, Turkey, Greece, Ukraine, Poland, Romania, Latvia, Japan, China

Traveler Since: 2001

December 30, 2010

Go Badgers!

I am going to Egypt on the 1/1/11 trip and I would like to know if you found a way to go horseback riding while in Cairo.

Please answer ASAP.

Thanks

ProfSBZ@gmail.com

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.