Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: rosemarynj

Trips Taken: 4
Traveler Since: 2010

October 02, 2010

We are thinking of taking the Australia, NZ and Fiji along with added Outback on June 19, 2011.  Was wondering how cold the weather will be and what we would need to bring for it in way of coats as luggage is limited and it is 27 days?    My husband says we should wait till he retires and can go other than in the summer but I am more into let's do it now as life can be short!  Will going in June limit anything we would able to see in other months?  I would appreciate any advise.  Should we wait?

Thanks,

Rosemary

Author: pauline

Trips Taken: 11
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

October 02, 2010

June in Australia and New Zealand is the middle of the winter.  So it will be as cold as it gets there.  How cold depends on where you are and because of the climate changes we're having, previous records aren't always that dependable.  The only thing I can think of that would change as far as where you could go is if you were traveling independently and wanted to go to Kakadu, that is accessible in their winter.

What you do about clothes is, as always, dress in layers.  I have found a water repellent jacket with a removable lining and a hood the best thing.  Carry that on the plane; don't pack it.  Same with your sturdiest shoes.  And you might want some kind of boot at that time of year.  A warm hat as well as one for the sun, gloves and scarf.  You don't need that many different clothes, just follow the advice of the experts and stick to one basic color scheme.  And remember, there are laundry facilities for the things you don't want to just rinse out.

With all that said, I have only been to Australia and New Zealand between October and March which is their summer, so I really can't advise as to the difference in comfort between summer and winter.

Author: loconnor79

Trips Taken: 2
Traveler Since: 2008

April 25, 2011

Just returned from this trip last week, 4/20/11.  We had mixed weather...hot in Cairns and very  hot in Fiji.  Cool (in the 60's in Queenstown and cooler yet in Milford Sound.  Not sure I would want to be there in June. If you do plan on lots of layering. The upside is that the rains willbe done.  we were on the tail end of them and were very luck not to have much.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.