Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: hootie

Trips Taken: 8
Countries Visited:

China, Austria, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, Serbia, Croatia, Romania, Transylvania, Bulgaria, Chech Republic, Slavakia, Bratislava, Egypt, Israel, Cyprus, Crete, Greece, Turkey, Istanbul, Italy, England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Estonia, Russia, Tahiti & French Polynesia/Society Islands, Hawaiian Islands, Bermuda, Alaska, Costa Rica, Mexico, United States, Panama Canal, Caribbean (extensively), Canada/Nova Scotia, Canary Islands, Gibralter, Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Vatican City, France, Holland, Belgium, Tasmania, Australia, New Zealand, Ukraine, Russia.

Traveler Since: 2001

September 22, 2010

To GCT:

Ever thought about letting past travelers keep the FULL value of their traveler credits with NO EXPERIATION DATE???

How about FULL value for 3 (or more) years???

If we've earned them...we've earned them!

Author: gobuckeyes

Trips Taken: 13
Traveler Since: 2005

September 22, 2010

Author: jayge

Trips Taken: 10
Traveler Since: 2004

October 11, 2010

We, too, have often thought about the expiration dates.  This is an example of the problem of expiration dates.  Our last trip this summer was in June and to make use of the full credit we now have, we will have to travel June or earlier.  If we wanted to wait until July, we would only get "partial"credit.

Grand Circle can you change this offering some way?  Perhaps, an example would be.............using our last trip in June of 2010; allow us to get "full" credit for the entire year of 2011 instead of ending the full credit the date of the previous trip?

The unfortunate problem with the current system could pose this kind of problem too.

Let us say, in 2011 we decide to see the tulips in the Netherlands in the Spring when they are in bloom.............this locks us in to Spring of the following year.

Thanks for giving this some serious consideration.

Author: grandcircle

Trips Taken: 0

October 11, 2010

Thank you all for your valued input. I have sent your suggestions along to the appropriate department for consideration.

Author: gerabel

Trips Taken: 7
Countries Visited:

Iceland, Westman Islands, Denmark, Sweden, The Netherlands, Italy, France, England, Greece, Grecian Isles, Spain, Gibraltar, Malta, Comino, Gozo, Morocco, Sicily, Belgium, Canada, Mexico, Mallorca, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, much of the USA, among other places.

Traveler Since: 2000

October 12, 2010

Amen!!! There really is no need for an expiration date. If we have received credits to our account for whatever reason... we should be able to use them at our convenience.

Author: luisa

Trips Taken: 8
Countries Visited:

Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France, Monoco, Croatia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji

Traveler Since: 2006

October 12, 2010

"Let us say, in 2011 we decide to see the tulips in the Netherlands in the Spring when they are in bloom.............this locks us in to Spring of the following year.

Thanks for giving this some serious consideration"

I agree with the above; it would be nice if gct could stretch the expiration to the end of the following year. As in the tulips in the Netherlands example, one has to consider weather when  traveling to different parts of the world and the next trip may be in a different season.

I understand that the credits are a to encourage further travel and don't expect them to last forever but would appreciate having the 5% credit the entire year after a trip.

Author: gobuckeyes

Trips Taken: 13
Traveler Since: 2005

October 16, 2010

Grandcircle Groups:  Thank you all for your valued input. I have sent your suggestions along to the appropriate department for consideration.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...tick

Still waiting for a response:

tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...tick

Author: grandcircle

Trips Taken: 0

October 18, 2010

go buckeyes,

We will gladly have a representative call you to discuss your personal FTC if you wish to discuss your options.

Feel free to send me your contact information at gctforummoderator@gct.com and we will gladly coordinate this for you.

Author: cleopat

Trips Taken: 3
Traveler Since: 2001

November 03, 2010

I totally agree!  Went to China in Sept., booked Russia for next July, but if I want to go on Safari the following year, I have to before July to get full credit?  Not good..... some people still work and can't take two vacations of two weeks or more each during the same 12 months.  And the seasons in different countries don't jibe...  Come on GCT, change the rules...

Author: dinek

Trips Taken: 12

November 06, 2010

I agree with this comment about not having expiration of travel credits. Maybe offer this non-expiration to frequent GCT/OAT travelers.

Author: mimip

Trips Taken: 2

November 17, 2010

I, too, think the expiration date for travel credits is a little rigid. Allowing full credit for 36 months would be much more reasonable. After all, the whole idea of travel credits is to encourage you to take another trip! Being able to use the credits for a longer time period would encourage more people to plan another trip!

Author: bobandjudy1

Trips Taken: 4
Traveler Since: 2007

December 28, 2010

We would like to see the credit time extended also.

Author: nancyf

Countries Visited:

43 of the 50 United States, including Hawaii and Alaska, England , France , Italy , Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Africa (Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe. South Africa), Israel, Canada, the Carribbean, Peru, going to Egypt & Jordan in February 2011 ( canceled due to the unrest there, but I will take this trip later!), China, Russia, Kenya, Turkey, Greece, Malta, Sicily.

Traveler Since: 2007

December 28, 2010

Me too!!......GCT:  your customers are trying to tell you something................!!!!

Author: sisterc1

January 19, 2011

I fully agree.  I wanted to go to Turkey but August was sold out.  September the 2nd was the next date but I would miss my mother's 97th birthday so I booked South Africa leaving October 15 on this year 211.  I lost half my credits for a trip which occurs after 9/2/11.  I don't think they should expire either especially since I was wiling to leave in August but the company was booked.  This will be my 8th trip with Grand Circle.  I do love traveling with them.  But doing away with the expiration policy would win them many HOORAH"S.

Author: pmczrctravel

Traveler Since: 2002

January 20, 2011

I agree that having credits with no expiration dates would impact my eagerness to go again on a trip without having to worry about getting my credits within a certain timeframe.

Author: afairportfan

Trips Taken: 5
Traveler Since: 2010

January 31, 2011

I absolutely agree that having credits with longer expiration dates (say, 2 to 3 full years) would be a tremendous benefit to GCT travelers.  As one traveler posted-- we earned them!  Due to unforeseen circumstances (Last-Minute Deals among them), we will have traveled with GCT three times within a year.  The credit is great, but it will expire (or lose a lot of value) before we can travel again.  I'm not happy about that.

Author: singsling

Trips Taken: 11
Traveler Since: 1995

March 18, 2011

Bill and I both agree.  Just about everyone mentioned those situations we have encountered and lost credits or some credit several times during the last 7 years.  We agree, we did earn them, and I'm sure almost everyone "talks up GCT" to our friends.  That is salesmanship, as well.  You may not realize we do that, because not everyone would use us as a referral, and maybe forgot who we are, but we do recommend GCT.  I'm sure most everyone who posted on this subject also tries to "sell" GCT,  so how about extending the consideration for longer periods.  I think even 5 years or  rather than 3. Sometimes people have extenuating circumstances that they cannot book a trip and shouldn't be penialized for that.  Thanks for giving us the forum in which to express our thoughts.

See you in Tucson!

Author: ooschiro

Traveler Since: 2009

March 19, 2011

Extending travel credits is an idea that should be acted upon ASAP.    It is a great marketing tool for GCT and could be much improved by allowing travelers, at the very least 2 years in which to use full and 50% credit for the 3rd year, 25% for 4th and 10% for 5th.  If not for all travelers, than  for Inner Circle members, as we are repeat customers.

Andrew,Kathleen & Drew Schiro

"8"-          "8"           &          "3"

Author: gmechoc

Traveler Since: 2011

July 11, 2011

I was just thinking about the same exact thing.  No expirations would be great. It would definitely keep us coming back to GCT instead of trying some other company...

Author: kat24104

Traveler Since: 2009

August 19, 2011

Well said, wattsed. I completely agree that full travel credits should remain banked for at least two years. As a senior with limited income, it takes me at least two years to save for one of these vacations.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.