Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: grandcircle

Trips Taken: 0

March 05, 2010

Have you celebrated a birthday or anniversary while on a GCT vacation?

Author: khwmby53

Trips Taken: 10
Countries Visited:

Have visited England, Ireland, Scandinavia, Holland, Switzerland, Germany

Traveler Since: 2007

March 27, 2010

On my first trip with GCT ( Holland and Belgium in Bloom - April 2007)  I celebrated my birthday.  Not having traveled with GCT I did not expect anything especially as it was on the first day of the cruise and Easter Sunday (another  bonus!).  I was pleasantly surprised.  There was other birthdays celebrated during that cruise and when a friend of an upcoming celebrant asked about the cake, I went to their tour director and told them that their birthday girl in two days did not like choc. so they were able to make it vanilla instead.  Loved the fanfare that is done at the time. I would totally recommend anyone that can, go on a tour to celebrate an occasion. 

Author: captainlarry

Traveler Since: 2002

June 10, 2010

During the Ultimate Alaska, Yukon, and Vancouver cruise/tour last summer (August 2009) we celebrated or 47th wedding anniversary. Although it was a couple of days before the actual date, we were introduced and applauded during the Yukon Rendezvous Dinner Show in Beaver Creek, Yukon. We were in Fairbanks on the actual date of our anniversary and no celebration was made. Bear in mind that at this point we were on a Holland America tour and GCT was the booking agent only. We did however pan for gold on our anniversary and the gold flakes we found were put into a locket and pendant for my First Mate to wear. That made a better than average anniversary gift.

Author: avalarue

Trips Taken: 8
Traveler Since: 2008

June 19, 2010

We have taken three Grand Circle trips on or around our anniversary and each time our Program Director has remembered us with a small gift. We just returned from the President Cruise in France where a bottle of champagne awaited us in our cabin!

Author: jen

Trips Taken: 5
Countries Visited:

Several places

Traveler Since: 2004

March 29, 2012

This is a test

March 29, 2012

You passed!

Author: nancyf

Trips Taken: 7
Countries Visited:

43 of the 50 United States, including Hawaii and Alaska, England , France , Italy , Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Africa (Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe. South Africa), Israel, Canada, the Carribbean, Peru, going to Egypt & Jordan in February 2011 ( canceled due to the unrest there, but I will take this trip later!), China, Russia, Kenya, Turkey, Greece, Malta, Sicily.

Traveler Since: 2007

March 30, 2012

My birthday fell during the time that I was on the Burgundy to Provence river cruise in June 2008. The crew sang Happy Birthday, and I was presented with a cake to share with my table!! It was fun and greatly appreciated!!

March 30, 2012

Your math is spot on, Ed, as is your assumption. We will indeed celebrate 50 years of marriage on August 18 this year. And we fully subscribe to the adage that to make a marrage last you must be married to your best friend. It's not automatic -- some effort is required. But the results are certainly worth the cost.

It wasn't with GCT, but on August 18, 2011 we were aboard the Norwegian Sun cruising from Talinn, Estonia to St. Petersburg, Russia. Our traveling companions, Marty and Shirley, informed the maitre 'd in the main dining room that it was our anniversary. The wait staff brought us a cake and several joined to sing "Let Me Call You Sweetheart". We, of course, sang along. Marty and I are members of a male chorus, and my First Mate sings soprano in our church choir. The maitre 'd asked if we would be available to help them out when they do another birthday or anniversary celebration. It was a pleasant evening. When we said that it had been 49 years, the group at an adjoining table made the First Mate's day by insisting that we were not nearly old enough for that to be true.

Author: franniepat

Countries Visited:

Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Portugal, Costa Rica, Peru, Bolivia, Columbia, Mexico, Alaska, Canada, Western US parks.

Traveler Since: 2008

March 22, 2013

I was lucky to be at Machu Picchu on my 60th birthday!

Author: wattsed

Trips Taken: 3
Countries Visited:

All seven continents, 113 countries and all states except Hawaii and Idaho.Plus some interesting places that are not countries such as The zores, Falkland Islands, South Georgia, etc.

Traveler Since: 2010

March 23, 2013

My wife and I were on the Black Sea to Budapest cruise and  when we returned to our cabin there was a bottle of wine and flowers in our cabin and a message of congratulations...We were really surprised because it was not our anniversary---I later found out that I had put down the right day but the wrong month as our anniversary date! 

Author: luisa

Trips Taken: 8
Countries Visited:

Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France, Monoco, Croatia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji

Traveler Since: 2006

March 23, 2013

wattsed,

LOL. So now you know how to get a free bottle of wine. Did you drink it? Or return it?

Author: wattsed

Trips Taken: 3
Countries Visited:

All seven continents, 113 countries and all states except Hawaii and Idaho.Plus some interesting places that are not countries such as The zores, Falkland Islands, South Georgia, etc.

Traveler Since: 2010

March 23, 2013

When I was in Air Force Intelligence I was taught to never admit or deny anything so I am either going to take the fifth (no pun intended) or say I don't remember!!!! 

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.