Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: grammyflo

Trips Taken: 13
Traveler Since: 2002

August 15, 2010

We have not seen a review on the post trip to Jordan and Petra.  Can anyone tell us their opinions of this trip.  Really need to know soon. Time is ticking down to book! Thanks for any help.

Author: janelehr

Trips Taken: 29
Countries Visited:

As a Navy wife, I lived in Japan. With GCT and OAT, I have taken 21 trips and visited all the continents. Every trip becomes a favorite, but very high on my list are Antarctica, Africa (Cape to Cairo), Turkey, Russia, Peru, Guatemala, Italy, France, and Ireland.

Traveler Since: 2005

August 20, 2010

By all means, do not miss Jordan if you have the opportunity to visit. I was there 2+ years ago and loved every minute. Petra is one of the world's wonders--truly a "must-see." From Jerash in the north to Wadi Rum in the south, it's a photographer's paradise. It's a colorful country, and the food is wonderful. Pack your swim suit. You can't miss the Dead Sea. Just try swimming, excuse me, bobbing, in that salt water! Stand atop Mt. Nebo and look out at Moses' Promised Land. Visit the Biblical land of Moab. It's a trip to never forget!

Author: grammyflo

Trips Taken: 13
Traveler Since: 2002

August 21, 2010

Thanks so much for the response.  We did book the Jordan trip and now I am much more relaxed about it thanks to you.  I will take my bathing suit. Am a photo nut so will post all my pics from this journey. This will be out 9th trip with GCT.

Author: rjmchm

Trips Taken: 4
Traveler Since: 2010

December 06, 2010

Our Egypt trip with Jordan post-trip were wonderful.

However, each trip, no matter how many you take, is a learning experience.  Such was Jordan.  Specifically, after visiting Mt. Nebo and Madaba, our tour director took the group to Jordan Jewel Art and Mosaic Company in Madaba.  They had some extraordinarily beautiful handcrafted items.  We were impressed with their handpainted ostrich eggs, purchased one for shipment to the U.S., mistake number one.  Should have hand carried it.

It arrived  broken in little pieces.  If you purchase something from this company, for shiment, you will discover that only they can file a claim with the shipper (DHL) and receive payment.   You will then discover that the major credit cards will advise you that this company has a "bullet proof" contract and that you must make payment to them on your credit card, but they "may" send you a replacement.  So, you buy it, pay for it, it is broken, they are paid a second time, and you get nothing.

Six months later, letters, e-mails, correspondence to many folks including our bank/MC/GCT and Jordan Jewel Art (which they say they never get), nothing.

You will not get a replacement item, cash, acknowledgement, or even an "I'm sorry" - zip!!

Caveat Emptor!  You learn on every trip - in or out of the U.S. - crooks are planning how to take your cash and give you nothing in return.

Unfortunately, busloads of GCT folks will still be going there.  They are theives - will take your money and - I'm sure - laugh when you send them a note, or your bank, and try to get a replacement product.    Beware and advise your friends who go there.

Other than that single issue (expensive one at that), Jordan was wonderful, as was Egypt.  It was an exceptional trip.

Bob and Carolyn Moynihan

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.