Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: kristenc

Trips Taken: 2
Traveler Since: 2012

March 14, 2014

Any other single travelers considering this new GCT trip for May 2015? I would love to find someone else interested in spending more time exploring the romantic villages of the Alps, taking advantage of the free single supplement.

Author: janice!

Trips Taken: 7
Countries Visited:

many

Traveler Since: 1999

March 14, 2014

Hi Kristen, I remember reading about this trip but I can't find it on ths website so it must have been in a brochure which came in the mail. I thought it looked similar to a trip they did for several years and discontinued a few years ago. From what I recall, I would be interested in it but I'm not currently planning future travel because of vision problems. It's very difficult and unsafe to travel alone when you're not able to see well. 

Author: pauline

Trips Taken: 11
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

March 14, 2014

Oh Janice_  I'm so sorry to hear that.  You are not alone in having to give up travel.  I've had to bite the bullet and tell myself that I had a good run and saw a lot of the world.  In my case, it's balance issues and my fear of falling.  If I had someone compatible to travel with me, someone I could stand to share a room/cabin with, I might try it.  But as it is, I'll manage a little within the US visiting friends and family and getting wheelchairs in the airports.

That Alpine Village tour is listed, but as Romantic Villages of Alpine Europe, or something like that.  And it's sold out for 2014.

Author: kristenc

Trips Taken: 2
Traveler Since: 2012

March 14, 2014

Sorry, Janice and Pauline, that your travels have been sidelined. I know that will also happen to me soon enough. The trip is off the website because it is new and there were only three departures scheduled for 2014, all in September and October, and all completely sold out. 2015 dates have not yet been announced. It may be called Romantic Alpine Villages or something similar. I'd be happy to travel with either of you, but the fact that I snore means that I am best left to a room of my own! Best wishes and thanks for your responses!

Author: janice!

Trips Taken: 7
Countries Visited:

many

March 14, 2014

Pauline and Kristen, thanks for your empathy/

When I searched for this trip using Find a Trip, it wasn't listed. However, I did find it by hovering over Land Trips and then sliding down to Europe. This is a good trip for anyone who doesn't like to pack and unpack every other day.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.