Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: kristenc

GCT Trips Taken: 2
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Countries Visited:

Europe, Russia

Traveler Since: 2012

February 27, 2014

I would like to edit my travel companion profile but cannot access that page. I'm using an iPad and haven't tried to get into this editing page using my p.c. What's up?

Author: nanaandpapa

GCT Trips Taken: 12
OAT Trips Taken: 4
Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

Traveler Since: 2002

February 27, 2014

The problem is not unique to Ipads. I encountered it on my Windoes PC and my Android tablet and reportd it to Michelle and they are working on it.

Author: grandcircle

GCT Trips Taken: 0

February 28, 2014

Hello Kristenc -

Our Web is "best viewed through Safari 6" so that is the optimum browser to use on an ipad. 

If you still experience issues, please send our Web Team an email at  website@gct.com and they can troubleshoot for your issue. 

Warm Regards

Annmarie

Forum Moderator  

Countries Visited:

Europe, Russia

February 28, 2014

Thanks Nanaandpapa and Annmarie. I am viewing the website in Safari already. I'll send an email as requested. 

Author: janice!

GCT Trips Taken: 7
Traveler Since: 1999

February 28, 2014

Kristenc, do you know which version of Safari you have? I was able to update my Travel Companions profile using version 6 on my iPad. 

Countries Visited:

Europe, Russia

February 28, 2014

I have looked under settings and can't see what version. This is a mini ipad just purchased in November of 2013. 

Author: janice!

GCT Trips Taken: 7
Traveler Since: 1999

February 28, 2014

I had to do some searching to find the Safari version. I found the following which gave me the version:  http://whatversion.net/safari/. In my case, it is the same as the version of iOS which is shown in Settings. I suspect you have version 7 because of how new it is. If that's the case, I don't think you would want to regress to 7. 

Countries Visited:

Europe, Russia

March 03, 2014

Thanks, Janice. Using your link, I confirmed I'm using Safari 7. I have had no response from GCT since sending the requested email to the webmaster, and am still unable to edit my travel companion profile. 

Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

March 23, 2014

I just went back to edit my profile under Windoes 7. It now works. There apparently has been a fix applied.

Thanks

Author: jl.anderson

GCT Trips Taken: 1
Countries Visited:

With OAT/GCT: China, Peru, Ecuador, Ukraine, Russia, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa plus 40+ more countries on my own.

Traveler Since: 2007

March 23, 2014

I've tried several times to edit my traveler profile without success.  I'm using Safari (on my Mac) which OAT recommended.  If I go into my traveler profile, the "new" information is there, then I click "save" but the new information does not show up on the travel forum.  I have emailed the OAT Forum Moderator.  She said they'd get back to me.  That was a week ago. Judy

Countries Visited:

March 23, 2014

Judy,

You are correct. It looked like the changes took, but when I went back in, they were gone.

Countries Visited:

Europe, Russia

March 24, 2014

Recently, something changed and I was able to use my ipad to update my profile, and it did save correctly. Previously, I could not do this on the iPad (safari 7.) So glad this has been fixed. 

Author: grandcircle

GCT Trips Taken: 0

March 24, 2014

Hi Judy,

I'm sorry you hare still having issues updating your profile.  Our Web Team is aware of your issue however, I don't have an update right now.

Someone from our Web Team will be in touch as soon as possible. 

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Annmarie

Forum Moderator

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.