Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: finewayne

Trips Taken: 5
Traveler Since: 2009

July 31, 2010

Heard internet connection expensive on trip to Egypt but have also heard there are available, cheaper internet cafes close to hotel. Never used a cafe them.  So question is whether or not you have to bring your own laptop into cafe or do you use their computers?

Know it is usually hot but anybody know humidity percentage?

Thanks!

Author: rosemarynj

Trips Taken: 4
Traveler Since: 2010

August 03, 2010

finewayne,

We were on the June 19th Nile trip and had no problem getting Internet service.  If you go out the back of the Cairo Marriott to July 26th Street and then cross the street to the side where Maison Thomas ( great Pizza at reaonable cost)  walk to left ( when facing Maison Thomas) when you get to the Big Dollar Sign in Window turn right and about a block down is an Internet cafe on the right.  The people are very nice inside.  You can bring your laptop (netbook) as I did or use their computers.  Cost is $2 per hour (10 Egyptian pounds)- very reasonable or $1 (5 LE) per half hour. Also in Aswan where the river boat docks there is a Cafe very close - walk out of ship and you will see signs.  There is another close one not far in Luxor across street from boat and go up toward right - it costs $3 an hour.  In Jordan we used the one at Geneva Hotel which was $4 an hour after you mentioned Jafar's name (the guide) and we were changed to the Movenpick Hotel in Petra and Internet was free there. 

We were there in June so about the hottest  time of year but the guides find you shade to stand in and the tours leave early to avoid heat.  . I am usually bothered by the heat but managed without a problem.  I think there is much less humidity than in NJ in the summer.

Author: finewayne

Trips Taken: 5
Traveler Since: 2009

August 05, 2010

Thank you Rosemary!  We are originally from Jersey so know about humidity there.  We are going in early September.  Husband had difficulty in the Caribbean with humidity.  Used to take a washcloth with us to continually dry himself off. 

Thanks for the internet cafe response.  I love to keep in contact with folks back home so appreciate knowing the info you sent. 

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.