Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: singsling

Trips Taken: 11
Traveler Since: 1995

January 15, 2014

While all the website problems with GCT, forum responders, etc these last few months, I did not make any comment.  But  have to comment now.

On the few comments I did make in December, I had a bad time with trying to type just one word, let alone a full response.  This site is the only one I must individually type each letter.  This site for replies skips letters, spaces, and I have to constantly back up and type over or insert. The first time it happened, I closed down my computer and immediately went to Word and typed a note, and to my email and typed a new email.  IT WAS NOT MY KEYBOARD.  I have typed all day today and no problems, but ths comment has taken me more than 20 minutes. 

t'sfrstrustrating t haeti happen. Do you see what the typing ends up--skipped spaces, dropped lettes etc.  See agin.  It's only thi sie.

PLEASE GCT, see if you can determine why this "Reply" page does this.  Noneof my other work on my computer does tis. I'm sick of the constant back spacing to finish a word let alone a whole sentence.  I have to pound each letter.  HELP!

Author: grandcircle

Trips Taken: 0

January 16, 2014

Hello Singsling -

Thank you for taking the time to post.  We are sorry to hear about the experience you having with typing in the post field on our Forum. 

I will be reaching out to you offline to discuss this further.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

Web Community Manager

Author: singsling

Trips Taken: 11
Traveler Since: 1995

January 16, 2014

Michelle, 

thanks for your phone call today.  As you can see, the Google Chrome you suggested is working just fine.  Oh, so happy.  

Do I have to continue to use Google Chrome?  I don't like this much but not that experienced to know exactly why.  I think I heard they are able to keep track of each and everything I do, and I am leery of that.  

Let me know how you are fixing this situation, as we discussed.  

Thanks. 

Author: grandcircle

Trips Taken: 0

January 17, 2014

Hello Singsling -

I am glad to hear that Chrome is working for you! 

Our Development Team is aware of the issues you had using IE 10.  For the interim, if you'd like to post on the Forum, I advise using Chrome so that you don't encounter any issues with typing.

I will be reaching out to you offline again to see if you need anything else.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

Web Community Manager

Author: captainlarry

Trips Taken: 10
Traveler Since: 2002

January 20, 2014
This thread made me want to try again to post from IE11. This should have been a new paragraph, but I'm reasonably sure it won't be. I had to hit "return" twice to get a blank line while I'm typing. That's not a good sign. But I am not experiencing any of the symptoms described above by singsling. I know that Chrome works, but I also resist using it. I have tried before using IE11 in "compatability mode", whatever that means, and it seems to work as well.

Author: captainlarry

Trips Taken: 10
Traveler Since: 2002

January 20, 2014

I'm now in IE11 compatability mode.

When I hit the return once I got a blank line, so I'mm sure this will be a new paragraph.

It seems to work, so I will use IE11 in compatability mode and leave Chrome on the shelf.

Author: rblume8351

Trips Taken: 4
Traveler Since: 2007

January 25, 2014

It doesn't work well with an iPad either.  When I attempt to reposition the cursor, I am no longer able to type.  Then, the only recourse is to post and then go back in and edit.

there are so many better alternatives on the market, you ought to look into some other technology.

Author: janice!

Trips Taken: 7
Traveler Since: 1999

January 25, 2014

When writing posts with my iPad, I've found that I have to hide the keyboard in order to reposition the cursor. If that doesn't allow me to.continue entering text, I then tap Preview rather than Post.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.