Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: jayge

GCT Trips Taken: 11
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Traveler Since: 2004

January 15, 2014

Chanson gets my vote.  Could we have a description of the new ship please?

Will it be similar as the ones you now have with sliding doors or windowed which open.

Author: singsling

GCT Trips Taken: 11
Traveler Since: 1995

January 15, 2014

I'm not sure if one were on a river ship or planning on going on one, and the companies' ship names were of a musical nature, such as Grand Circle Travel, I wouldn't be thinking of "concertina wire" as around East Berlin in 1961.  If I were going to be in Europe on this river ship named Concertina, I would be thinking of that little "squeeze box" that looks like a very tiny accordian, with the sound between a harmonica and accordion that plays quaint songs from that country, or polka or waltz music with that lively beat that is contagious to some who like that kind of music, which makes me want to think of lively fun,  hook your arms together, sway side to side, and sing along. 

I vote for Concertina. 

Author: franniepat

GCT Trips Taken: 3
OAT Trips Taken: 8
Countries Visited:

Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Portugal, Costa Rica, Peru, Bolivia, Columbia, Mexico, Alaska, Canada, Western US parks.

Traveler Since: 2008

January 16, 2014

Chanson for me! But I'd give a half-vote to Banjo too!

Author: kristenc

GCT Trips Taken: 2
Countries Visited:

Europe, Russia

Traveler Since: 2012

January 17, 2014

I voted for Chanson when GC posted this on Facebook.

Author: grandcircle

GCT Trips Taken: 0

January 17, 2014

Hello All -

We are still looking for more votes!  Please let us know what you think the our new Bordeaux ship should be named.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

Web Community Manager

Author: ed watts

GCT Trips Taken: 1
OAT Trips Taken: 2
Countries Visited:

All seven continents, 113 countries and all states except Idaho.Plus some interesting places that are not countries such as The azores, Antarctica, Falkland Islands, South Georgia, etc.

Traveler Since: 2010

January 17, 2014

o.k.---Banjo has given me authority to cast his 1 and 1/2 delegates for Chanson!

Author: tickledpink

GCT Trips Taken: 3
OAT Trips Taken: 1
Countries Visited:

Rhine & Danube Christmas markets cruises, Egypt, Jordan, Turkey, UK, Ireland, most of Western Europe, Scandinavia, Leningrad no-visa cruise from Helsinki in '78, Hawaii, Alaska, NYC, Florida, Seattle, Arizona & Utah national parks, Sedona and North Dakota.

Traveler Since: 1995

January 21, 2014

My vote is also for Chanson. It sounds so Provencal....

Jane

Author: avalarue

GCT Trips Taken: 8
Traveler Since: 2008

January 26, 2014
Well, I'm really going against the grain, but I like the sound of Cadence. At first glance it is easier to pronounce, spell, and remember!

January 27, 2014

Hi All -

Thank you to everybody who voted in our Bordeaux river ship poll.

RIVER CHANSON is the winner!

We appreciate your help in choosing the name - and we look forward to seeing in Bordeaux on the River Chanson in 2015!

Kind Regards,

Michelle

Web Community Manager

January 27, 2014

Hello Jayge -

We're getting all our River Chanson materials ready.  As soon as I have some details & photos to share, I'll post in this thread.  Stay tuned!

Kind Regards,

Michelle

Web Community Manager

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.