Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: pauline

GCT Trips Taken: 11
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

January 10, 2014

But it's back to the white background and pale blue print.  And I have to keep signing in.  It was all right a little while ago.

This is using Chrome.  My last post on OAT was using Firefox.

Author: nanaandpapa

GCT Trips Taken: 12
OAT Trips Taken: 4
Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

Traveler Since: 2002

January 10, 2014

I'm very pleased with you the testing across browsers. The only problems encountered were with Firefox and opera on android. The contrast on the forums leave something to be desired,but it is usable. The enhancements to the system seem to be positive with a couple of points that I have brought to Michelle's attention, but the system is functional again.

Author: janice!

GCT Trips Taken: 7

January 10, 2014

I haven't seen any enhancements. What have I missed?

Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

January 10, 2014

The enhancements are in the area of finding a trip and the way that the trips are presented. I wish that they would publicise changes, both when they are planning them and after implementing them.

Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

January 11, 2014

I went back through the reviews on the Paris to Normandy River Cruise to see if mine has its date traveled back.  And I could only see the most recent 10 reviews.  The arrows didn't work to go back in time.  My review is about number 90, and I think 91 is the one at the bottom of the first page.  They are, we know, in reverse chronological order.

What I don't understand is why something that was working fine yesterday morning was not working fine by evening and hasn't improved today.

January 11, 2014

Jack, thanks for answering my question.

Pauline, I am able to view all of the reviews for the Seine River cruise. Yours is the second on the second page and does not include the date traveled. It is in your review of the Ireland trip.

Countries Visited:

January 11, 2014

Janice_

This time, I was able to see my review.  When I tried before, the arrow didn't respond to send me back a page.  Then I looked for my Ireland review.  The system got stuck at 2012, and I could only click on "last page" and then work forward.  There are still glitches.

Pauline

January 11, 2014

Pauline, I saw your Ireland trip review by clicking your name while viewing the Seine trip review; that generated a pop-up window displaying both reviews. I didn't actually go to the Ireland in Depth trip page and look at reviews there.

You may be right about there still being glitches although I haven't encountered so far. I do wish they hadn't changed the layout of the forum pages. I think they have an unattractive and unfinished appearance.

Countries Visited:

January 11, 2014

You mean it's supposed to look like this?  Oh, terrible!

Author: captainlarry

GCT Trips Taken: 10

January 11, 2014
OK. Step 1: It remembered me. I didn't have to sign in again. Step 2: This is a new paragraph. We'll see how that works. Step 3: I'm not fond of the new format, but I can live with it. Well, obviously the paragraph breaks did not work.

Countries Visited:

January 11, 2014

Captainlarry,

This should be a new parargarph.

As should this. I'm running Firefox on Windows.

Let's see how this works.

BTW, were you on the Seine cruise in March/April of 2012. There was a retured captain on the cruise with us.

Jack

Author: grandcircle

GCT Trips Taken: 0

January 13, 2014

Hello Captainlarry -

Thank you for your posts.

We apologize for the issue you are experiecing with the carriage return.  Per our phone conversation, this seems to be an issue with IE11 only.  I have raised this with our Web Team so they can review it.  In the meantime, if you visit the forum through Chrome or Firefox, you should be able to type paragraphs with proper spacing.   We have another web release (update) scheduled for 1/23/14.  We hope to have this resolved for you by then.

Also, I have forwarded your comments around the light blue font to our Management Team for review.

As always, please don't hesitate to reach out to me offline at website@gct.com if you are experiencing additional issues.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

Web Community Manager

January 13, 2014

Hello Pauline & Janice_

Thank you for your comments.

Pauline, from late June 2013 through early September 2013, the "date traveled" field was not part of our traveler review submission page.  Any reviews posted during that time do not have the date traveled (around 300 reviews).  As you posted your SEN review during that period of time, it will not have the date traveled.

We have identified which reviews were posted during this time.  We are currently working with our vendor to see how we can add the date traveled to these reviews.   At the moment, we do not have a date as to when this will be added but we are looking into it.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at website@gct.com.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

Web Community Manager

January 14, 2014
"BTW, were you on the Seine cruise in March/April of 2012. There was a retured captain on the cruise with us." No, Jack, it was not I. My only European cruises were Great Rivers and Romance of the Rhine and Mosel. There are quite a few of us "old salts" around. And I suspect that the traveling we did while on active duty has made us more likely to be travelers in retirement.

January 14, 2014

I tried one more time to post  from IE11. The last post above was supposed to have paragraphs but did not.

So Michelle, and others, seems to be correct that the problem is in the interface between the GCT system and IE11. So now I am on Chrome. I don't use Chrome for anything else but I guess I will when posting to a GCT forum.

It's an easy enough behavior modification for me to make, but I look forward to the day I won't have to remember to use the different system.

January 14, 2014

It might work correctly for you if you run IE11 in compatibility mode.

Countries Visited:

January 14, 2014

Captainlarry,

For some reason, I had thought that you were having problems with Firefox, not IE11. I am now on IE11 without gct.com in the compalitity list. I am going to end this sentence with an enter to see if I get a new paragraph.

This should have a new paragraph.

I worked in the design office in the Boston Naval Shipyard 50 years ago, before they closed it and Elmo Zumwalt ws a junior officer there.

Lets see how this comes out. There should be 4 pragraphs.

Countries Visited:

January 14, 2014

Captainlarry,

The prior reply without  gct.com in the compatibility list worked OK as far as I could see. I have addded GCT.com to the compatibility list to see how that works. There should be a new paragraph after this sentence if it also works.

I have had Chrome as my default browser for at least a year and am currently very happy with it. In it's early days it had problems and was being frequently updated. It is quite stable now, and I think that it outperforms IE.

Jack

Countries Visited:

January 14, 2014

That also seems to have worked.

If you want,, we can try to figure out what is different between the systems, but I am leaving Thursday morning for Costa Rica with OAT, and  it would have to wait until I return

January 14, 2014

Hi Captainlarry -

If you run IE 11 in compatibility mode & you're still experiencing an issue, please reach out to me at website@gct.com.  I will call you to further troubleshoot the issue.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

Web Community Manager

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.