Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: jmitch3910

Traveler Since: 2007

December 16, 2013

I just printed our receipts. For payment of the Argentia Reciprocity fee and noticed that I made an error on the passport number.  Several phone calls and e- mails have not solved the problem.  I can pay the $160 again but does anyone know who to contact to fix this?

Author: wattsed

Countries Visited:

All seven continents, 113 countries and all states except Hawaii and Idaho.Plus some interesting places that are not countries such as The zores, Falkland Islands, South Georgia, etc.

Traveler Since: 2010

December 16, 2013

I can't help you with your question but it gives me another opportunity to remind all travelers that the fee is currently good for 10 years.  I found out the hard way--on my trip to Antarctica I paid it again for the two of us and it was not until I returned that I found out that I could have avoided a second fee. It was on this forum that someone posted the information and I learned of my mistake...Hopefully, with this information in advance nobody else will make the costly mistake that I did!

Author: tpreminger

Traveler Since: 1999

December 17, 2013

Contact the Agentina Consulate  or Embassy closest to you.  Someone there will speak English (if you don't speak Spanish) and may be able to help.

I've contacted several when trip information was confusing or I had questions about a VISA - was always treated courtesousy.

Hard to believe GCT isn't responding to you.  Call back and ask for a supervisor or the department head for traveler support.

Author: suepoor1234

Countries Visited:

All the states except Hawaii; east and west Canada, all of Western Europe(except Iceland and Greenland); the Baltics and Scandanavia; Belarus, Poland, Ukraine; Russia; Turkey, Jordan and Israel; China, Mongolia, and Tibet; Egypt, Morocco, Tanzania; Mexico, Costa Rica, Guatamala, El Salvador; Ecuador, Galapagos Islands, Peru, Argentina; Australia and New Zealand; Antarctica.

Traveler Since: 2007

December 19, 2013

Just wondering -- if I have a renewed passport and the reciprocity stamp is in my old passport, should I take both passports to the entry point or how is that handled?  Since the stamp is good for ten years and the passport is as well, surely folks run into this regularly.

Author: luisa

Countries Visited:

Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France, Monoco, Croatia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji

Traveler Since: 2006

December 23, 2013
Poorgirl, I would take both. You show your passport and stamp going through immigration; I don't know how else you could prove that you already have the stamp if you don't bring your expired passport.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.