Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: nanaandpapa

Trips Taken: 15
Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

Traveler Since: 2002

December 19, 2013

Janice. That is the update that I am and have been on. When I log on, it does not pick up the cookie to log me in and shows no pictures from the profiles and shows me as intranet\nanaandpapa, as well as other cosmetic differences. I just tried using the Opera browser and that failed also. IE 11 and Safari worked fine on Windows 7, which is where Chrome, Firefox and Opera failed. Chrome worked fine on Android. This makes me feel like I am back working, debugging and application.

Author: pauline

Trips Taken: 11
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

December 19, 2013

Mine is still all right, so far.  Now, I'm afraid to touch anything.  But your latest posts show what my older ones were doing.  Before I switched to Chrome for GCT/OAT.

I'd like to add that a couple of months ago, when I logged onto GCT by clicking on the bookmark, the home page looked entirely different than it had.  A statement that they couldn't connect me to the website, possibly because the site was under maintenance.  And there was a lot of white.  But when I clicked on Community or any of the usual sections, I got what I usually did.  I reported it to Michelle at the time, and she said someone would be in touch.  But nobody did get in touch.  And I just lived with it.  Now, I'm wondering if Firefox did something then that affected the connection.  Because everything is back in order when I access using Chrome.

Author: captainlarry

Trips Taken: 10

December 20, 2013

I realize that one time is not a statistically significant sample, but I had to log in using my user name and password this morning. Nothing had changed, on my end. I did not delete the cookie, but GCT either could not access the cookie or could not read it.

If Annemarie is monitoring this thread and passing the information on to the IT department, we should see some improvement rather quickly. If someone at GCT is reading and accurately processing the emails we have sent, we should see some improvement rather quickly. At the very least we deserve to hear that someone is aware of the concerns we have and is working to correct the situation. If there are only certain browsers that get full and free access to the web site, then that should also be publicizrd.

Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

December 20, 2013

Oh, one other thing.  When I post something and then click on the back arrow, I get a repeat of the blank space that I typed in the message.  If I'm making sense here.  Then another back arrow to get back to the list.  But with Chrome, I see the message I just posted with a lot of ampersands and stuff in it.

But that's not a problem, I think.  Right now, I'm not sure about anything.

Now, I have a question for Firefox users.  When you move back from something, do you ever get a message from Firefox that they cannot find the site you're looking for and to try again?  Even when it's back to your home page.  So I click on Try Again and then have to click on something else before I get to where I am going.  I can't remember if it's been doing that all along or if it started in the past year.

Author: travelann

Trips Taken: 7
Traveler Since: 2010

December 20, 2013

Sometimes if I'm on a site and not doing anything ,and THEN hit the back arrow ,I get the little box to resend. But this can happen on any site , not just GCT .And not that often.

Countries Visited:

December 20, 2013

OK.  So I'm not alone in this.  But it happens when I'm, say, reading the paper and then I want to go back to the home page.  I get a box telling me that something has expired and to try again, which I do, and then have to click on Resend.

Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

December 20, 2013

Up until now I had only found those browsers, Firefox, Chrome, and Opera, that had problems with the forum, to be only a major inconveniece. Now I find that they will not allow you to get to Air Itinerary under My Account. This is a fatal flaw. 

Author: janice!

Countries Visited:

many

December 20, 2013

I installed the Chrome app on my iPad today and am getting the "extranet" version of the GCT and OAT forums. All of the images are missing and the layout of the text is different but not difficult to read. I do like seeing the posting time on posts when viewing threads. And this is the only browser I have where View Your Posts actually works correctly. 

Author: travelann

Traveler Since: 2010

December 20, 2013

Is there a trick ti post a review ? First I tried to post a comment on another's review......didn't post. Then I tried to post my own review of a recent trip. No luck. I have never posted a review, so is this common...you have to keep posting until it takes ?

Countries Visited:

December 20, 2013

I strongly agree with janice_ on liking the date posted. It wshould be displayed on all listings of posts. It would be particularly useful on bery active discussions such as this one.

I have found another browser that seems ro work correctly with thw site. It is Dolphin on Android.

Countries Visited:

December 21, 2013

A new observation. Running Chrome on Windows 7 The GCT site was not working correctly. Staopping and restarting Chrome did not help. Neither did shutting doen and restarting Window.

Shutting doem Chrome, uninstalling Chrome and reinstalling it and restarting it did resolve the problem. Apparently something in the GCT site is corrupting Chrome, possibly in a cookie. 

Countries Visited:

December 21, 2013

I can't believe we're all having so much trouble!  So far, these sites are working fine using Chrome on Windows 7 for me.  Has anyone actually got in touch with the people at GCT, maybe someone who has IT experience and can talk the same language?  

Author: janice!

Countries Visited:

many

December 21, 2013

I have been comparing GCT and OAT web pages between Safari and Chrome on my iPad and made an interesting discovery. The main GCT travel forum page address is http://www.gct.com/community/travel-forum.aspx in Safari and http://www.gct.com/legacy/community/travel-forum.aspx in Chrome. I've also found several odd pages in the My Account area using Chrome and, in every case, the word "legacy" appears in the address field. I would like to know if others are seeing the same thing.

Countries Visited:

December 21, 2013
Janice_  

I just checked both.  When I login using Firefox, I don't see the word "Legacy" until I click on the forums.  Then it's there.  When I login using Chrome, I see the letters "LLC," but not on the forums.

Navigating between the forum and trip descriptions has been more difficult lately.

Something else just occured.  For as long as I've been posting, if I hit return/enter I get a paragraph change (2 spaces).  That's gone now.  I have to hit return/enter twice to get a new paragraph.

We've been blaming all this on the upgrade to Firefox from 25 to 26, but obviously that's not the whole story, since some people have never used Firefox.  The IT people have screwed up royally again, and it's time for them to step in and correct the problem

Countries Visited:

December 21, 2013

Something just happened in the last hour or so. I had an open window and tab in Chrome and had to go out. I had intened to do screen shots whent I gor home to document the problems, but when I tried to, without restarting anything, everything seemed to work as it should within the forum. I seems like someone realized what had happened and fixed it.

Annmarie/Andrew,,

Do you have any input?

Countries Visited:

December 21, 2013

I just went to Firefox and it still failed. I now see what Janice_ saw. The legacy folder was put in the path. Someone seems to be doing somethung.

I am going to reatrt and clear cookes and see what happens.

Author: franniepat

Trips Taken: 10
Countries Visited:

Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Portugal, Costa Rica, Peru, Bolivia, Columbia, Mexico, Alaska, Canada, Western US parks.

Traveler Since: 2008

December 23, 2013

Hope they get it fixed soon! Not working correctly for me on Firefox, IE, and Chrome on my Android.  And different parts of forums, postings, and travel companions for each system. Plus, the videos of the tours won't run for me on IE, but not problem with Firefox! Frustrating!

Author: grandcircle

Trips Taken: 0

December 23, 2013

Hello, everyone.

I spoke with our web team this morning for a status update. They did indeed implement a fix as of the end of last week that appears to have resolved the problems with the forums.

If you find that you're still having problems, I would recommend that you contact our Travel Support team, as they do have troubleshooting guidelines, and, if they're unable to fix it, they can collect information to forward to the IT team to help them diagnose the problem. You can reach  them at 1.800.321.2835.

Thank you, everyone, for your patience while this was being resolved.

- Andrew, Forum Moderator

Author: garyrr

Trips Taken: 16
Countries Visited:

Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe, S Africa, Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, Belize, Panama, Peru, New Zealand, Greece, Turkey, Albania, Croatia, Montenegro, Czech, Slovakia, Hungary, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, India, China, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Italy, Ireland, Great Britain, Netherlands, Belgium, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia

Traveler Since: 2000

December 23, 2013

NOTHING HAS CHANGED!  The websites (OAT and GCT) still look EXTREMELY different depending on the device and web browser used!   Posters' pictures may or may not appear, color schemes vary dramatically!  Info about posters (date joined, trips taken, posts made) - appear or don't appear depending on the device/browser!

Anything supposedly done to "fix" this recently has accomplished NOTHING!

And, no, I will not call and be subjected to the useless questions that IT Help Desks are notorious for!

Author: grandcircle

Trips Taken: 0

December 23, 2013

garyrr,

I've let the IT team know that the fix for the forums is working on some browsers, but not others. They are looking into it now. As soon as I have any further details, I'll let everyone know.

- Andrew, Forum Moderator

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.