Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: travelann

GCT Trips Taken: 8
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Traveler Since: 2010

December 15, 2013

I am on my iPad  now

December 15, 2013

Now i am on windows 7 and  believe the latest  Fiefox. Doesn't seem to be a problem

Author: nanaandpapa

GCT Trips Taken: 12
OAT Trips Taken: 4
Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

Traveler Since: 2002

December 15, 2013

Travelann,

Could you do two things:

Click on help and on "about Firefox" on the bottom of the pulldown. This will give the version of Firefox.

Click on Start -> computer (on the right hand dropdown. Then click pn "system properties". Under Windows edition, it will tell you what version of Windows 7 you are running, including which service pack you are on.

Could you let me know which each of these are.

Thanks

December 15, 2013

I am using windows 7 Home premium service pack 1 and Firefox 25.01 Hope this helps.

Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

December 15, 2013
The problem appears to be with Firefox 26 under Windows. I am writing this reply on Firefox 26, but on Android, not Windows and it seems OK. I would not recommend updating to Firefox 26 under Windows.

Author: franniepat

GCT Trips Taken: 3
OAT Trips Taken: 8
Countries Visited:

Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Portugal, Costa Rica, Peru, Bolivia, Columbia, Mexico, Alaska, Canada, Western US parks.

Traveler Since: 2008

December 15, 2013

Using Firefox. What happened to the photo avatars? Nothing showing on my screen.

Countries Visited:

December 16, 2013

Franniepat,

You have apparently updated or been updated to Firefox 26 from an earlier release of Firefox. I have not found a way to make the GCT or OAT forums work correctly with it. You could either swtch to Internet Explorer, which has been exhibiting some problems of it's own with the web sites or switch to Google Chrome. Chrome is a very easy install and has been working with no problems, I have been using it exclusively for over a year. Chrome has been gradually becoming the most popular Windows browser and performs very well. At some point GCT or Firefox will resolve the problem, but, until then, you will either have to switch or put up with it.

The other alternative is to back out the Firefox update and to change your Firefix options to not auromatically update, but this is a little more complicated. Those that are on Firefox and have not been updated yet, can just change the options, if they can get the change in before the software updates.

Jack

December 16, 2013

OOPS ! Firefox just updated me to 26

December 16, 2013

Looks like Firefox 26 isn't the problem ????

Countries Visited:

December 16, 2013

After restarting my system to make sure I had a clean slate. the forum under Firefox 26 was still not working correctly, while it was working correctly under IE 11 and Chrome, but I guess that I'll have to leaceit to GCT to figure it out an resolve it. I will continue to use Chrome.

This reply was posted from Chrome.

December 16, 2013

Why is Firefox 26 working on mine?  It's a puzzle.......

Countries Visited:

December 16, 2013

Travelann,

I don't know why, possibly you have an option set in the OS or Firefox that fixes the problem, but I can't find anything that looks like it. 

Author: pauline

GCT Trips Taken: 11
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

December 17, 2013
The upgrade from Firefox 25 to 26 is transparent to the user, so I was not aware that it had happened.  But it's certainly caused a lot of confusion.  Sometimes, I wish they'd leave well enough alone.  

Countries Visited:

December 17, 2013

Pauline,

In the Firefox options, you can set it to update automatically, ask to update, or not to check for updates. Usually the updates are beneficial and fix bugs, security loopholes, itc. The automatic update is recommended. Chrome and IE are very similar. 

At least this snow is soft and fluffy, Sunday's was heavy and wet here in Beverly. This won't be bad shoveling.

Author: franniepat

GCT Trips Taken: 3
OAT Trips Taken: 8
Countries Visited:

Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Portugal, Costa Rica, Peru, Bolivia, Columbia, Mexico, Alaska, Canada, Western US parks.

Traveler Since: 2008

December 18, 2013

Thanks, I will try Chrome, but have to say I like my Firefox!

Author: pauline

GCT Trips Taken: 11
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

December 19, 2013

This may be a dumb question (probably is), but if I make Chrome my default browser what happens to things that are stored?  Like bookmarks and folders.  Are they on Verizon or Firefox?  I switched from Comcast to Verizon about three years ago, and I did have to redo my address book, but I don't remember about the bookmarks.  Those I had to redo years ago when I moved from AOL to Comcast.  I did tell Chrome that I wanted to keep my current e-mail address, which is Verizon.

Countries Visited:

December 19, 2013

Pauline,

It is so long since I changed to Chrome that I don't specifically remember, but I believe that it will ask you what you want to do with bookmarks, etc.,, and it wiull copy them, if you wish. 

Author: janice!

GCT Trips Taken: 7

December 19, 2013

Pauline,

Each browser maintains its own file of bookmarks independently of the ISP being used. Browsers usually have the capability to import bookmarks from another browser on your computer. If they didn't get imported when you installed Chrome, you can still do it. Click on the customize icon below the red X in the upper right corner, point to Bookmarks, and click Import bookmarks and settings. I don't have Firefox installed but I presume it will be in the From dropdown list on your computer.

Countries Visited:

December 19, 2013

Annmarie.

Has something been changed on the site, at about 1:00 PM on 12/19. Chrome is now behaving like Firefox. It seems to have happened first on GCT and some time later on OAT. The system/chrome and the websitee were active, operating normally and then changed to the erroneous behavior. Restarting the system did not resolve the probelem.

All other sites are operating normally.

Jack

Author: janice!

GCT Trips Taken: 7

December 19, 2013

Both sites still look OK on my computer using Chrome Version 31.0.1650.63 m.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.