Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: pauline

Trips Taken: 11
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

December 12, 2013

I have to log in each time.  All the avatars are missing.  The type is a pale blue.  There's a lot of white space.  What has happened?

Pauline

Author: wattsed

Trips Taken: 3
Countries Visited:

All seven continents, 113 countries and all states except Hawaii and Idaho.Plus some interesting places that are not countries such as The zores, Falkland Islands, South Georgia, etc.

Traveler Since: 2010

December 12, 2013

For a long time I could not respond to any post---the reply icon was there but nothing happened when I clicked on it until just now.... I still can not get any of the videos to work--the icon just spins and spins but the video never opens..I was interested in seeing the video of a trip I want to take but with no luck now for more than a week.

Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

December 12, 2013

And your picture is not there.  At least, on my screen.

Author: captainlarry

Trips Taken: 10
Traveler Since: 2002

December 12, 2013

For well over a week I have been unable to post when I am using Internet Explorer. When using Google Chrome, as I am now, I can post. As mentioned above, nothing happens when I put my cursor on the Post Reply button and click, when using IE. When using Chrome, no problem. I called customer service and reported it. No response yet.

At least my avitar is still there.

Author: nanaandpapa

Trips Taken: 15
Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

December 13, 2013

What browswers and OSs are you uning. I am having no problems with Chrome or IE 11 on windows 7 or with Chrome on Android. I do have problems with Firefox 25 on Windows 7. I updated to Firefox  26 and that did not help. Also do you have cookies enabled?. GCT uses cookies to automatically sign you in.

December 13, 2013

I use both IE 11 and Google Chrome on a Windows 7 machine. Chrome works, IE 11 does not. I honestly have not tried posting from my iPad or my Android phone. With IE 11 I can do everything on the GCT web site except post to the forum. Oh, I also cannot send an email from the Contact Us page using IE 11. I haven't tried that with Chrome. This problem started less than two weeks ago, and I had done nothing to change my setup. Oh, your other point, I do have cookies enabled, and GCT readily recognizes me when I log on with either browser.

December 13, 2013

Also, I've noticed a couple of posters names are "extranet/whatever". What does that mean?

Countries Visited:

December 13, 2013

It's still a mess, and it still makes me sign in every time in order to post.  Although the information is right there, and all I have to do is click on Submit.  I'm using Firefox on Windows 7 Home Premium.  Cookies are enabled.  On the left side under my name it says Household, not Groups.  It says I joined yesterday, 12/12, which is when the problem first showed up.  It doesn't have anything for "Traveler since..."  Should be 1999.  The number of trips taken is missing.  And all the places I've traveled to are also missing.

None of anybody's pictures are shown.  I looked for one of GoBuckeyes postings, and there were a lot of blanks.  None of the illustrations are there for me to see.

It's like an alternate universe.

Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

December 13, 2013

Pauline,

The problem seems to be Firefox. Try downloading Chrome from Google, and I think that your problems will go away. If I look at this thread from Chrome,you show up as extranet\pauline, but, if I look at it through Firefox, it show up as just pauline. Also under Firefox, it does not automatically pick up the name nananandpapa from the cookie. There have been several posts lately with extranet prepended to the name. After I post this, I will see haw it treats my logon.

Countries Visited:

December 13, 2013

annmarie.

The above post was from my regular nanaandpapa logon, but logged on theough Firefox 26 instead of Chrome as I usually am.

Annmarie, 

I am sending you and Email, so that you see this problem.

Author: janice!

Trips Taken: 7
Countries Visited:

many

December 13, 2013

I haven't noticed anything different when viewing the GCT travel forum. However, I started having problems similar to extranet/pauline's description about two weeks ago when using IE 10 on my Windows 8 PC. When I use Chrome, it's OK.

I've been curious about why "extranet" appears a part of her username and the group name. I don't see any place to specify a group name when I look at my profile.

Countries Visited:

December 13, 2013

This response is from and IE 11 logon and the behavior seems normal to me.

Author: grandcircle

Trips Taken: 0

December 13, 2013

Hello Everyone,

I 'm sorry you are reporting difficulties with our web site. 

I  will get back to you asap. 

Annmarie

Forum Moderator

Author: janice!

Trips Taken: 7
Countries Visited:

many

December 13, 2013

My previous post is incomplete; I meant to say thay the problems have been occuring only on the OAT, and not GCT, travel forum. Also, I have noticed that when viewing a thread, the headers include the time of the posts..

Author: rogerdawhip

Trips Taken: 22
Countries Visited:

OAT trips taken: Egypt, China, Ireland, Guatemala, Thailand, Peru and Adriatic Cruise. Nine GCT river cruises: Great Rivers(3 times), Rhine& Mosel (2 times), Eastern Europe to the Black Sea, Rhone River, Holland & Belgium. Other: Russian river cruise twice.

Traveler Since: 2001

December 13, 2013

If you are using IE 11 add gct.com to your compatilibity settings (under tools).  This should take care of the problem.

Author: grandcircle

Trips Taken: 0

December 13, 2013

Hello again,

I  have forwarded this  thread to our Web Department for review. In the meantime, if you are experiencing issues with our website, please contact our Travel Support team at 1.800.321.2835. They can work with you to help troubleshoot the various issues, and/or refer you on to our Web Team for further assistance.

Annmarie

Forum Moderator

December 13, 2013

"If you are using IE 11 add gct.com to your compatilibity settings (under tools).  This should take care of the problem."

OK. Thanks. Don't know why it works or why it is necessary, but it seems to work. There are about half a dozen other forums on which I post regularily and I didn't have to do this for them. So I still maintain that the problem is with GCT and not with IE 11 or with anything I'm doing.

December 13, 2013

And I still don't know what "extranet/" means or where it came from.

Countries Visited:

December 13, 2013

The extranet is apparently coming from users  on Firefox. When I log on through Chrome or IE11, it knows me as nanaandpapa. If I log on through Firefox, it knows me as extranet\nanaandpapa.

Countries Visited:

December 14, 2013

I think it's interesting that the OAT forum does have all the info to the left under my name.  That is, the number of trips I've taken, countries I've visited, Traveler since...  But the screen itself looks the same as this one, and I still have to log in each time.

I'm going to download Google Chrome, since I don't have anything else to do this weekend.  We're projected to get a minimum of six inches, and I'm prepared for the worst.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.