Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: vanhollow

Trips Taken: 12
Countries Visited:

I've had the privilege of travelling internationally since I was age 3 - since then, Asia, South America and Europe ...I love to travel......

Traveler Since: 2010

December 11, 2013

I read that a parka is provided, but not pants.  Do you think waterproof snow pants are required or just waterproof pants? Any recommendations on women's waterproof/ wind resistant pants

Author: ematluck

Trips Taken: 12
Traveler Since: 1999

December 11, 2013

Just waterproof pants, not snow pants. Waterproof pants are most definitely needed!

Author: wattsed

Trips Taken: 3
Countries Visited:

All seven continents, 113 countries and all states except Hawaii and Idaho.Plus some interesting places that are not countries such as The zores, Falkland Islands, South Georgia, etc.

Traveler Since: 2010

December 12, 2013

Rain pants or ski pants are good...I found that if you live in a warmer climate you can find lots of rain and ski pants at places like Goodwill or a thrift store for less than $10 a pair and most are almost brand new.   I did this before I went on the Antarctica trip since I would not have any need for them after the trip...a lot of people from the South must try out the ski slopes one time and then donate the stuff...I left the ones I had with the crew when I departed Antarctica.. 

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.