Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: kristenc

GCT Trips Taken: 2
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Countries Visited:

Europe, Russia

Traveler Since: 2012

December 04, 2013

I am so excited to hear about the new 15-day GCT trip through the Italian, Swiss, Austrian, and German alps! The "Romantic Villages of the Alps" trip sounds like something I have been thinking about for some time and follows a wonderful itinerary through these beautiful mountains. Last October I posted:

Topic Title: Lake Maggiore Post Trip to "The Rivieras" kristenc Posted: 10.28.2013  

Definitely! I would love to see GCT put together a land trip in the Alps including train rides such as the Bernina Express and Glacier Express. Could include Italian Alps, French Alps, Swiss Alps, Austrian Alps, etc. 15 days sounds right. It wouldn't be cheap, but what wonderful locales and varied cultures and cuisines!

While the trip doesn't include the Express train rides I mentioned, it goes go to some lovely locales, and doesn't move from hotel to hotel too often. This trip begins in September 2014. Who wants to go with me?

Author: franniepat

GCT Trips Taken: 3
OAT Trips Taken: 8
Countries Visited:

Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Portugal, Costa Rica, Peru, Bolivia, Columbia, Mexico, Alaska, Canada, Western US parks.

Traveler Since: 2008

December 07, 2013

Just received my notice of this new trip-guess it will be in 2015 for me, 'cause I already booked the new Tuscany OAT trip. Sounds like a trip I want to take! Of course, unless I win the lottery!

Author: sealionlady

GCT Trips Taken: 6
OAT Trips Taken: 7
Traveler Since: 2001

December 07, 2013

Me, too ..... for 2015.  I'm planning OAT's "Jewels of Bohemia" for 2014 and this Friday we're off to "Christmastime on the Seine".   I do applaud OAT/GCT for all their new European trips ..... what a lovely buffet of choices!  

I've been to Peru, the Amazon, Morocco, and Tanzania with OAT, but, for some reason, I'm now in a Europe state of mind ...... and I'm so pleased with all my new choices.  

Author: kristenc

GCT Trips Taken: 2
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Countries Visited:

Europe, Russia

Traveler Since: 2012

December 07, 2013

Enjoy your trips, ladies. I'm also thinking of the Alpine trip for spring of 2015.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.