Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: patmckinney

GCT Trips Taken: 8
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Countries Visited:

29 countries

Traveler Since: 2009

November 18, 2013

I was wondering how others felt about the structure of the invoice.

Let me make up an example of what I would like to see:

ITEMS:                                                     MAKE BELIEVE NUMBER

Cost of trip:                                         $4,000

Fees:                                                        150

TOTAL COST:                                      4,150

Discounts:                                                150

Net Cost to Traveler:                           $4,000

Payments made to GCT:                   4,000

Total Due                                                    -0-

I get confused with the current system, where the payments we make and any discounts we get are kind of lumped together.  At a glance it is sometimes not easy to tell what the trip really cost. 

Please don't make fun of me if I am asking something totally dumb...

Author: nanaandpapa

GCT Trips Taken: 12
OAT Trips Taken: 4
Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

Traveler Since: 2002

November 18, 2013

Are you looking at the whole invoice online. The firsr  page has the account summary and the second page has all of the detail that you could want, except possible for certificate numbers that can be found in My Travel Credits. This is the format that, as far as I can tell has been in use for over a year.

Author: patmckinney

GCT Trips Taken: 8
Countries Visited:

29 countries

Traveler Since: 2009

November 19, 2013

It is the online invoice I am talking about.  The last section is called "Payments, Adjustments and credits". 

While it does list both debits and credits, all I am indicating is that I believe it would be in GCT's interest to show what a trip costs after all the discounts.

If I want to take a glance at the "real" cost of the trip, I have to manually subtract my discounts.

The invoice has the information but it is not presented in a way that makes it easy to see what you really ended up paying.

Author: singsling

GCT Trips Taken: 11
Traveler Since: 1995

November 19, 2013

I have to agree with Patfrommckinney.  On this last two trips we took (back to back), I took another good look at the invoice and it was difficult to determine just exactly what was the total amount of the trip, the discounts, the paid amount (credits), and the bottom line total after payments/credits.  I felt the items/charges could have been better listed in columnar format, with those items grouped together sub-totaled and extended out, so that it is clear as to what is added and what is subtracted. 

My original invoice was for a different trip that was cancelled, so I re-booked another trip rather than take a refund.  Whew, with the one time "Sorry" credit, for each person, the subtracting of the travel insurance, the adding of the cost of the new trip, another diiscount taken, credits subtracted, then added back in, a diffeerent travel insurance added in, but then subtracted and refunded, etc., it was more like an accountant's nightmare. 

So, I agree with Pat.

Author: grandcircle

GCT Trips Taken: 0

November 26, 2013

Hello Everybody -

Thank you for your comments. 

We are in the process of redesigning our invoices to address this issue, with a completion date planned for May 2014. If you have any questions regarding your specific invoice, please call our Traveler Support Department at 1-800-221-2610.

As always, thank you for your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

GCT/GCCL Forum Moderator

Author: nanaandpapa

GCT Trips Taken: 12
OAT Trips Taken: 4
Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

Traveler Since: 2002

November 26, 2013

Please do eliminate any information from the invoice. In fact, it would be a welcome addition to add certificate numbers, particularly for those of us who are active in the Vacation Ambasador program. It would also be useful if invoices from prior trips were also available, so that we could rconcile our accounts.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.