Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: captainlarry

Trips Taken: 10
Traveler Since: 2002

October 26, 2013

I was away for a few days and just got back on line this evening. Suddenly, every time I change screens I'm plagued with a pop-up ad. They are easily overridden or removed, but I have to do it every time. What happened, and is there anything I can do about it? In the words of the queen, "We are not amused."

Author: nanaandpapa

Trips Taken: 15
Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

October 26, 2013

I  am not getting popups from GCT running Google Chrome, even after I turned off the AdBlock extension. Areyou getting them from other than GCT?

October 27, 2013

Good point, and I first noticed it on GCT Forum but now it is happening occasionally on other web sites. So I guess it is not the fault of this forum. I'm using IE9.0. I've got to go back to see if I did something to change my settings and reset it if possible. The pop-ups are easy to disable but doing it all the time gets annoying.

Author: casey

Trips Taken: 7

October 27, 2013

I had the same thing happen a few weeks ago.  The only thing I had downloaded was an update for QuickTime (I think).  Anyway, could not find a way to uninstall the update so I restored my computer to a date prior to the download and it solved the problem.  I also use IE9.  Good luck.

Author: grandcircle

Trips Taken: 0

October 28, 2013

Hello Captainlarry -

Thank you for posting.  May I ask what kind of pop ups you are getting? Are they for Grand Circle Travel or are they for other advertisers?

Kind Regards,

Michelle

GCT/GCCL Forum Moderator

October 28, 2013

I think they are all other advertisers, Michelle, but I really don't leave them on long enough to really see who they are. I'm almost certain they are not GCT.

I'm still working on other avenues to resolve the problem.

OK. I just had another pop-up while on the GCT Forum and I let it run long enough to see that it was for Acura automobiles. But I'm fairly certain that is not always the case.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.