Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: forgerr

Countries Visited:

Antartcia-China-Italy-Australia-New Zealand-Fiji-etc

Traveler Since: 2008

October 07, 2013

Looking to do this trip and would like comments on it at this time of the year. Good and bad please. Are there laundry previsions  on ship and along the trip in other areas? I can assume   WI-FI on board ship? Any other quirks that I'm not thinking of?

THANKS !!

Author: rkauzlarich

Traveler Since: 2009

October 07, 2013

Just returned from this trip.  There are no laundry facilities nor Wifi on the ship.  Can't say if there is laundry service at the hotels, as we did not ask for it.

We were told that September begins the rainy season, which continues for about 3 months.

Author: captainlarry

Traveler Since: 2002

October 07, 2013

Every year is different, but we went through the Panama Canal in May 2002 and it was very hot. The Sun was brutal. I was on a large cruise ship so I had air conditioning to retreat to when I needed it. I know nothing about the small ships or the land portion of the tour.

Author: noseycat

Traveler Since: 2007

October 07, 2013

For forgerr:  Have you looked at the 2013 trip reviews (mine is the most recent).  I heartily recommend the trip.

Author: forgerr

Countries Visited:

Antartcia-China-Italy-Australia-New Zealand-Fiji-etc

Traveler Since: 2008

October 08, 2013

Thanks to those that have responded and look forward to any additions. 

Noseycat: Yes , I did look at your review and was glad to see it.

Author: kenanella1947

October 12, 2013

Noseycat,

I do not see your any review using your code name for the Panama trip.  I see there are 54 reviews, but yours is not one of them.  Am I accessing the reviews incorrectly?

EllaH

Author: noseycat

Traveler Since: 2007

October 13, 2013

Kinda confusing: my review is the first (latest) one, but it uses my "real" name rather than "noseycat".  Probably reflects the difference between Review and Forum usage.  (Michelle: Perhaps the GCT/OAT IT folks, in their spare time, could take a look at reconciling the differences.) 

At any rate, it's a great trip.  If you like meeting wonderfully warm local folks; having unusual experiences; enjoying good food; seeing fascinating wildlife; AND TAKING IN THE SIGHTS AND SOUNDS OF THE PANAMA CANAL!--then I think that you'll like the trip.  Have fun!

Author: grandcircle

Trips Taken: 0

October 13, 2013

Hello Noseycat -

Thank you for your suggestion about being able to use the same user id across our website.  This has been forwarded to our Development Team for consideration.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

GCT/GCCL Forum Moderator

Author: singsling

Traveler Since: 1995

October 29, 2013

Michelle, don't forget to have IT  have a choice to insert one's Forum ID or not.  I for one don't want my Forum ID/name shown on a traveler review page.  And, while I'm saying this, on my traveler review, I would rather not show my real name either; if I can I will use a pseudonym. 

Author: grandcircle

Trips Taken: 0

October 30, 2013

Hi Singsling -

Thank you for comments. 

I have noted that you would like the option to use your Forum ID (or not use it) in our Traveler Reviews.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

GCT/GCCL Forum Moderator

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.