Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: merleo

Trips Taken: 13
Traveler Since: 1996

October 06, 2013

Which is correct?  I bought business classs upgrade but in booklet, it shows I am booked in coach for the round trip and business for the one internal flight.  However the GCT on-line air reservations clearly indicate business. The E-ticket shows K, C and J Class , whatever each means. I've never had problems with air arrangements with any of my trips with GCT/OAT whom I trust with my flight arrangements but in readingTravel Forum on both GCT/OAT sites I decided to check. There are only 18 days before I depart for Istanbul and would like to be assured that my business class upgrades have been honored.  Has anyone else experienced this? I'm guilty of never looking at the final document booklet until I'm comfortably seated on board the plane but I have now and I also intend to make a few calls. Of the numerous trips I've taken, this is a first! Maybe this is just a simple typo when putting my air itinerary in the booklet but needless to say I'm disappointed. This will be the first time I will not present my air itinerary in booklet to check in.

Author: pauline

Trips Taken: 11
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

October 06, 2013

Have you checked the airline's website to see what it says about your ticket?  If not, do it before anything else.

October 06, 2013

Pauline:  I got the class codes K, C & J which are on the e-ticket from the airline website. I plan to call tomorrow and maybe I'll get a person to talk to who'll be able to define what these codes mean.

Author: grammyflo

Traveler Since: 2002

October 06, 2013

Deal with the airline (s) personally.  They are the final Masters of your Flight Fate!!   :D

October 06, 2013

Thanks for the great suggestions.  I finally did get through to Turkish Air and to someone who understood and spoke some English. He pulled up my e-ticket and confirmed that indeed I am holding business class tickets. Found out that the class codes K,C & J are business class. Thus GCT only erred in the air itinerary printing in booklet. How grateful I am that GCT got me direct flights from LAX to IST.

Pauline, thanks for your posts about Global Entry. I enrolled having read yours and will be experiening the advantage with this trip. While I have known about GOES since it was first marketed by AMEX I never showed any interest until I started following the OAT Travel Forum.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.