Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: dtgarcia

Trips Taken: 1
Traveler Since: 2013

September 22, 2013

We're on a Spain & Portugal tour in October. One of the stops is Torremolinos, which might allow for a nice beach day, but will it be warm enough for bathing suits on Oct. 20? Just trying to reduce unnecessary baggage!

Author: pauline

Trips Taken: 11
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

September 22, 2013

Weather is changeable.  I was there in 2000 in January, and it wasn't warm enough to swim although people were sunbathing.  A friend was there exactly a year before, and they swam every day.  How much room do bathing suits take up?  I always used to tuck one into a corner.

Author: captainlarry

Trips Taken: 10
Traveler Since: 2002

September 23, 2013

I can almost (ALMOST) guarantee that the water will be warm enough for swimming in October in Torremolinos. We did not swim but we waded in the Mediterranean in January 2009. The water was cool but not chilling.

Author: jandb

Trips Taken: 11
Traveler Since: 1999

September 23, 2013

Leaving in six days.....plan to take a bathing suit.  My husband always takes one, I hardly ever do....but this time yes.

betty

Author: dtgarcia

Trips Taken: 1
Traveler Since: 2013

September 26, 2013

Thanks to everyone for the helpful comments. Enjoy your next trips.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.