Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: tomnat

GCT Trips Taken: 15
OAT Trips Taken: 4
Traveler Since: 2004

September 21, 2013

Michelle, After just being mostly restored, "Date Travelled" is gone from Trip Reviews for the past few days. What happened??

Please test web changes, before implementing. Hopefully, removing "Date Travelled" again was not done on purpose!

Author: pauline

GCT Trips Taken: 11
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

September 21, 2013

You're right!  It's gone again, and the time since the review was posted is back.  We don't need to know how long it's been since the review was posted.  That doesn't help anything.  We want to know when they went and how the weather affected the trip.  And we want to know where they're from, so we can figure out what they mean when they say it was cold.  Was it cold for people from Florida?  Or was it cold for people from Maine?  That makes a difference.

Author: grammyflo

GCT Trips Taken: 13
Traveler Since: 2002

September 21, 2013

On the Seine Paris to Normandy site, conflicting signals are sent. The first review, after a lot of nonsense, states that is was ' one month ago'. The review begins "We took this trip in July 2013". I believe is it now September 21, 2013 (duh). 

Most of the reviews don't state when they took the trip so I am trying to incorporate that into any review I may write in the future (which right now I seriously doubt that I will.) 

We have just booked a trip "Great Rivers of Europe" and hope to gather a lot of hints from those reviews.  I can do without all the Percentages on all those items at the top of the page. In my opinion, it makes Grand Circle look so needy. 

Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

September 21, 2013

I posted my review of the Paris to Honfleur trip after they had removed the date traveled, so I started the review by saying the date and that I was flying out of Boston.  I think we should all do that just to make sure the information is there.  Who cares when the review was posted?  It doesn't give us any information we need.

Author: grandcircle

GCT Trips Taken: 0

September 24, 2013

Hello Everybody -

Thank you for your comments & your patience.

The date traveled has been restored to our traveler reviews.  We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

GCT/GCCL Forum Moderator

Countries Visited:

September 30, 2013

Michelle, it's still gone!  Or again!  And the time since the review was posted is back.  Why does this keep happening?  It's as though it's lurking there in the wings waiting until the correction takes place and then popping up again.

September 30, 2013

Hello Pauline -

Thank you for posting here. I will follow up with you offline to get more information around which reviews have the "date travelled" missing.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

GCT/GCCL Forum Moderator

Countries Visited:

October 07, 2013

Here it is a week later, and the date traveled is still missing.

Plus, when I click on my bookmarked access to this site, there is a different homepage.  I can still get to the forum, obviously, but the first page is quite different.  Are they experimenting with it again?

October 07, 2013

Hello Pauline -

Thank you for your comments.  At the moment, we do have about 300 traveler reviews that were posted in July & August of 2013 that do not have the date traveled. However, the date traveled is included in most of the reviews.

Regarding the home page, we added some Social Media icons so that travelers can stay up to date with us in other channels. Otherwise, the home page should be displaying as you remember it.  If you are seeing something different, please close your browser and, then, reopen our website.  If this does not work, please contact me at gctforummoderator@gct.com.

Kind Regards,
Michelle
GCT/GCCL Forum Moderator

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.