Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: fmpredny

GCT Trips Taken: 2
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Traveler Since: 2013

September 09, 2013

We will be going to Berlin, Warsaw, Krakow, Prague, Budapest.  When we go on river cruises, we are given maps of the city we visit by the cruise company.  I was told that we are not given maps on the GC tours.  Does anyone know if that is true, and if it is, where can we find maps online so we can print them?

Author: candmj

GCT Trips Taken: 7
OAT Trips Taken: 2
Traveler Since: 1997

September 09, 2013

It has been my experience (both on GCT tours and on independent travel) that the hotels all provide free city maps.

Author: captainlarry

GCT Trips Taken: 10
Traveler Since: 2002

September 09, 2013

I don't remember all of my tours (tomorrow is, after all, my 71st birthday) but on the tour of Ireland just completed in July our PD kept us supplied with both city and regional maps, and actually marked the route we had and would be traveling on the maps for us.

Author: pauline

GCT Trips Taken: 11
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

September 10, 2013

In every city I've ever visited with GCT or GCC, we have been given city maps with routes marked either by the PD, the local guide, and/or the hotel.

I'm 10 years older than you, Captain Larry, and I do remember at least that much.

Pauline

Author: mary jayne halli...

GCT Trips Taken: 27
Traveler Since: 1989

September 10, 2013

I too on my various Grand circle trips depended on those city maps a great deal and especially on the river cruises they were very diligent about passing out maps each day of where we could be visiting, with the ship area circled plus the places we would visit.  Much more dependable than a hotel map of the city with no indication of where we started and ended.  On my trip last month with the Italy, riviera, etc thery were remiss on this details and spent too much time each asking individually where we were starting, ending, etc.  The river cruise PD had it WAY over the land PD';s.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.