Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: shirleyclar

Traveler Since: 2001

September 07, 2013

I am trying to find more info re: Burma GCT trip....still!  Specifically, acccess/egress from ship to shore...gangplank ?  can one stay on the boat if the day's program is too extensive for someone recovering from surgery?  how many stairs? etc.  Someone out in the GCT cyber world must know the answers to these and other questions.  ASAP as decisions must be made soon!

Author: sealionlady

September 07, 2013

Have you read the reviews (there are currently only 2) for this trip?  If you are going to be recovering from surgery, you might want to choose something else.  The heat and humidity alone might be very stressful.

Author: gaynell

Traveler Since: 2005

September 08, 2013

Sea Lion Lady, that is just what I was thinking.  Shirley, why not wait until you are completely healed from your surgery to travel to Burma?  Whatever kind of surgery you have had, the temple steps, uneven walkways, squat toilets, rail-less stairs, etc. might be a challenge for you.  And the heat and humidity are both so high in that area......that alone makes Burma a somewhat difficult destination.  You would enjoy your trip much more if you were in good shape for it, and run less risk of injury, too.

Author: shirleyclar

September 08, 2013

Thanks so much for the replies to my questions.  I am seriously weighing all of my options, but the issue that causes me the most difficulty beyond the "health aspect" is that this trip is with a group of friends whom I love traveling with and whom I see only on these trips...it's been several years since we've all been together.  

Yes, there is that nasty health aspect!  I see the oncologist on Wednesday and I hope his input will make it easier for me to decide!  In fact, what he has to say may make the entire point "moot!"

Author: gaynell

Traveler Since: 2005

September 09, 2013

Then we send you good wishes, and hope that you will be well and strong enough to enjoy traveling with your friends.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.