Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: bbblaine

Trips Taken: 1
Traveler Since: 2010

July 05, 2010

We are retired and can go whenever we want. What is the best month to go to Chile and Argentina? Thanks.

Author: lec9021

Trips Taken: 5
Traveler Since: 2006

November 15, 2010

We went at the end of  March 2010 and the weather was beaautiful. This was a trip that started in Santiago then by cruise for 2 weeks and ended in Buenos Aires. as we went through the Chilean fjords it was cooler but only a light sweater or jacket.

Author: boleta

Trips Taken: 9
Traveler Since: 2002

November 15, 2010

We have traveled to South America twice--once on a cruise and once on a bus tour.  Both times we went either in February or March because that is their summer time.  Take a lightweight jacket or sweater in case you get to the fjords or go around Cape Horn (you didn't mention how you were traveling).  And enjoy your trip--it should be great!!

Author: dee

Trips Taken: 6
Traveler Since: 2009

December 06, 2010

I am actually thinking of going next November. My mailman, Julian, is from Buenos Aires and says the summers there are very hot and muggy. He recommends springtime, October-November. I have been tracking the weather in the major cities and Lima and Santiago have been running in the high 60's, Buenos Aires in the 80's. Hope you have a great trip!

Author: luisa

Trips Taken: 8
Countries Visited:

Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France, Monoco, Croatia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji

Traveler Since: 2006

December 07, 2010

I took the Discover South America trip in March a couple of years ago and the weather was wondeful. Most of the trip everyone wore light jackets or sweaters. Buenos Aires was the warmest, but there are only two days there at the end of the trip and it was comfortable, not hot and humid. Patagonia was the coolest and is unpredictable, definitely need warmer clothing just in case.

Summer is between December and February, Autumn is from March to May, Winter from June to August and Spring from September to November.

I asked our program director, who lives in Buenos Aires about the best time to take the OAT trip that goes to Cape Horn. He said March or November. Of course, that's farther south and will be cooler.

Author: w5pt

Trips Taken: 4
Traveler Since: 2011

July 01, 2011

My partner and I did Discover South America with the Peru and Brazil extensions last March.  It was the end of the So. American summer.  The weather everywhere was perfect!

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.