Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: carstan

GCT Trips Taken: 4
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Traveler Since: 2008

August 29, 2013

We are on this river cruise and would love to hear from others traveling with us!

Stan

Author: annieskes2002

OAT Trips Taken: 8
Traveler Since: 2010

August 29, 2013

Hi Stan!

We are going on the Russia Revealed trip 9/5! My email is: annieskes2002@yahoo.com

Looking forward to a great trip!

Ann

Author: carstan

Traveler Since: 2008

August 29, 2013

Hi, Ann,

Carolyn and I are very excited about this trip.  We had neighbors over yesterday who did this in reverse a few years ago.  They showed us all the info they got on the trip, and this has made us even more eager to start.  We are pretty much decided what we want to bring, and now we need to see if it all fits.

We are in NC, and we are driving to DE to stay with our daughter and fly from Philadelphia.  We are on Lufthansa, and go through Frankfurt.

Where are you coming from?  How does your ininerary look to you?

I think your sign-in says you have taken 7 GCT trips.  This is our third, and we very much enjoyed the others, Great Rivers and the Rhine/Mosel.  We also enjoy ocean cruises.  We have done some to the Caribbean and in May went around the Adriatic.

Stan

Author: blea

GCT Trips Taken: 2
Countries Visited:

Mexico, South America (Columbia), Central America (Panama, Costa Rica), British Isles, Spain, France, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Belgium, Germany, Greece, Italy, Prague (before liberation), Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, China, Fiji, Australia, New Zealand, Russia, Finland, Estonia... wow! I've never listed all the places I've been!

Traveler Since: 2011

October 10, 2013

I'm puzzled by the lack of entries under the topic of Russia Revealed. Maybe it shouldn't come under Europe as a destination. 

We took this trip in Aug-Sept this year with a pre-trip to Helsinki and Tallinn. The whole thing was just fantastic. I could go on and on about all the wonderful things we saw, did and learned! Part of the success was certainly due to the outstanding leadership of Natasha who met us in Helsinki, and said goodbye to us at the airport in Moscow. This lovely Russian woman knows just about everything about her country and what's more-- understands the America senior tourist. She had just the right skillful touch (and sense of humor)  in handling a big group, the whiners, the talkies, and every situation that came up.

Our experiences in Russia far exceeded expectations.I'm happy to answer specific questions for anyone else going on this trip. 

Author: jl.anderson

GCT Trips Taken: 1
OAT Trips Taken: 4
Countries Visited:

With OAT/GCT: China, Peru, Ecuador, Ukraine, Russia, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa, plus 40+ more countries on my own.

Traveler Since: 2007

October 10, 2013

blea:

So happy for you that Natasha was your program director.  She was mine on Russia Revealed 3 years ago.  Natasha is just awesome on all the details she handles with ease -- and what a great sense of humor.

Judy

Author: golforme

GCT Trips Taken: 2
Traveler Since: 2013

October 11, 2013

I am going through my pictures from our Russia Revealed Trip and cannot remember the name of the museum or artist featured there, where we saw the Zlaoust Singers.  Help Please!

Author: janbee

GCT Trips Taken: 1

February 03, 2014

RE: Russia Revealed: Moscow to St Petersburg on the MS Rossia + Talinn & Helsinki post trip.

Glad to hear from some of you folks that have been on this trip in recent months. My husband and I are currently booked for this trip July 24, 2014 and are really looking forward to it.  I've read a number of the reviews on GCT but have a few questions that I thought perhaps you might be able to answer.  

(1) How much free time is alloted in Moscow? Will there be sufficient time to visit the interiors of any of the beautiful churches?  

(2) What type of hair dryer is provided on the ship? Have been wondering if I should bring my travel size hair dryer! 

Any other tips would be most welcome... Thank  you!

Author: pauline

GCT Trips Taken: 11
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

February 04, 2014

I took that trip in 2010, and I remember that the dryer seemed perfectly adequate.  I have my hair cut very very short before trips and I don't try to do anything fancy with it.  I used to bring a travel hair dryer with me, but I gave that up years ago.  There was a tiny hair salon on the ship (Rossia) then, and some of us had our hair washed and blown dry.  The girl did a good job, and I tipped her separately.

I don't remember that we saw very many church interiors in Moscow, but that could be my faulty memory.  And I can't tell you anything about the subway, because I'm  wimp and afraid to go down.  What happened instead is that the bus driver took me to the end of a pedestrian street, where the rest of the group would end up.  There's a very large MacDonald's there with tables outside, and it's a meeting place.  They didn't seem to mind if I sat at one of the tables periodically without ordering anything.  I wasn't the only one.  The guide had told me what time to turn my radio back on so I'd hear them coming.  In between, I wandered up and down the street and tried to decipher signs.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.