Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: rlocke39@gmail.c...

GCT Trips Taken: 2
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Traveler Since: 2006

August 28, 2013

We're scheculed on the Tuscany & Amalfi Coast tour. Are there hair dryers in the hotels used by GCT. We have an older hair dryer that requires a converter. I'd like to avoid that.

Author: travelgirl1

GCT Trips Taken: 0
OAT Trips Taken: 6
Countries Visited:

After visiting a few places (on 5 out of 7 continents) I thought myself a "world traveller and globe trotter" - but looking at the big picture, I have so many, many more adventures in which to look forward. Adventures taken with OAT: Affordable Costa Rica, Ultimate Galapagos & Ecuador, Discover Thailand, Route of the Maya , Morocco, Vietnam & Cambodia. Next OAT Adventure is Heart of India in Dec 2014. Have done two fantastic nature adventures with Natural Habitat - The Polar Bear Expedition and The Seal Watch. Have travelled extensively through Western Europe, Southern India, and the Caribbean islands. less

Traveler Since: 2007

August 28, 2013

Suggestion:  Google all the hotels and look for amenities offered.

Author: singsling

GCT Trips Taken: 11
Traveler Since: 1995

August 28, 2013

If tis is not your last trip, and your hair dryer is really old and you have to use a converter, why not get a dual voltage hair dryer.  These are available in travel stores, but on line Amazon or Drugstore.com may be cheaper--Some drug stores like Walgreens, CVS have them also.  I've had mine for over 20 years. 

We took your trip in 2008, but don't remember if all the hotels  had hair dryers.  Like the previous post, you could google the hotels.  That's where I find a lot of info before we go.

Author: pauline

Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

August 28, 2013

I took that trip even earlier, sometime around 2003 or 2004.  And we stayed in Montecatini Terme, not the town they presently use.  But I do remember that someone used to come into breakfast with her hair still wet when we were in Sorrento.  She said the dryer in her room didn't really get hot.  But why not purchase a new one for travel?  They're not expensive, and then you wouldn't have to worry about a converter.

Author: grandcircle

GCT Trips Taken: 0

August 28, 2013

Hello Rlocke39 -

Thank you for posting - your fellow Community members have some great ideas!

If a hair dryer is an important part of your routine, we advise that you pack a small compact one with adaptors.  The hair dryers provided may not work properly or all the hair dryers at Reception may be loaned out.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

GCT/GCCL Forum Moderator

Author: aspengal

GCT Trips Taken: 5
OAT Trips Taken: 3
Countries Visited:

A partial list: Best of Kenya+Tanzania Safari(OAT), Peru(OAT), Canada(GCT), Thailand+Cambodia+Laos(OAT), Morocco(OAT), Egypt+Jordan(GCT), Australia(OAT), China(GCT), Ireland(GCT), Turkey, Tuscany+Amalfi Coast(GCT), Prague, Greece(sailing), the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Mexico (20+ visits), Martinique, Turks & Caicos, Bahamas, Jamaica (5 visits), Grenada + the Grenadines (w/Windjammer cruise), plus travel within the U.S.

August 31, 2013

Thanks for the info, Michelle.  I have thick, long-ish hair which takes quite a while to dry on it's own; the hotel websites stated they had blow dryers, so I wasn't going to bring my dual-voltage travel dryer. But if they're undependable or unavailable, I'd better add it BACK to my packing list. Gotta try to live up to the standards of those beautiful Italian women!  ;-)

Author: pauline

Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

September 01, 2013

Yes, you'd be wise to take yours.  That woman I mentioned had very short hair, as I remember, and she couldn't get it dry in the customary time.  My hair is also very short, and the dryer in my room was much better.  You can't tell.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.