Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: pauline

GCT Trips Taken: 11
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

August 20, 2013

What happened to the reviews??  This morning when I checked, there were 89 reviews and mine was the most recent.  Grammyflo's review was number 86 and then there were two more and then mine.  Now, there are three.  Mine and the two previous ones.  And mine says that was the only review I've posted.  I know I posted one for Ireland two years ago, and it was there this morning.  What's going on?

Pauline

Author: janice!

GCT Trips Taken: 7

August 20, 2013

I just checked the reviews for several trips and none of them had any reviews more than 2 months  Someone must be messing with the database. Perhaps if you check later, the old ones will have been restored.

Author: grandcircle

GCT Trips Taken: 0

August 20, 2013

Hello Everybody -

Thank you for posting these comments. We currently have 89 reviews for our Seine: Paris to Normandy river cruise so I am not sure why only 3 reviews are displayed.

I will be working with our Development team to get this resolved.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

GCCL/GCT Forum Moderator

Author: nanaandpapa

GCT Trips Taken: 12
OAT Trips Taken: 4
Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

Traveler Since: 2002

August 20, 2013

The system knows that the reviews have been posted, as it won't let me repost.

Author: grammyflo

GCT Trips Taken: 13
Traveler Since: 2002

August 20, 2013

ost Helpful

Highest to Lowest Rating

•  
  •  Lowest to Highest Rating
  •  
  •  Most Recent
  •  
  • Now you can sort these reviews under four
  •  criteria. I find this embarrassing and divisive.Grand Circle should hire someone who knows what they are doing with websites.
  •   You can see here how difficult it is to punctuate properly.

Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

August 20, 2013

I don't even understand this.  Why didn't they leave well enough alone and just add the ability to comment.  That was all that was needed.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Pauline

Countries Visited:

August 29, 2013

I just looked at the reviews again.  There were 90, since Grammyflo's review has been removed.  Now there are 89, and my review has been removed.  What's the use of all this?  You say that only the person who posted the review can remove it.  I didn't remove it.  But I will never write one again.

Author: suekansas

GCT Trips Taken: 14
OAT Trips Taken: 16
Traveler Since: 2003

August 30, 2013

I have a comment about "reviews" also.  A couple days ago I was looking at my latest review which if of the "Elbe River Cruise".  I will say that it annoys me that after I go to the trouble of posting the reviews it now indicates that my husband has written them.  There is no way to change that.  Before all the changes I could type my name in. 

But even more annoying is the fact that I accidently pressed "trouble with review."   Well don't do that....it has completely disappeared.  Michelle on this forum told me that now it is reviewed for inappropriate content.  If there is anything inappropriate in my comments I will eat my hat.  It is highly (or should I say was) complimentary of GCT. 

So I guess someone can just go to review after review and press "trouble with review" and that certainly will make them disappear.  I think after pressing that, a note should pop up and ask if you are sure you want to report it for inappropriate content.  How is one to know?  As of today my review is still not back up.  So, I guess my efforts to always post a reveiw of our trips is rather worthless. 

Countries Visited:

August 30, 2013

I agree.  Since I made my previous post yesterday although it's dated today (and that's a whole other issue) and nobody from GCT has responded, it's obvious that the reviews are not really that important.  Especially, since so many of us have complained about the new format at great length and the only gesture of conciliation is that they will return the date traveled to the review.

I had thought that Grammyflo had removed her own review, since GCT always says that they don't, no matter how unfavorable they are.  Hers was very favorable, mine was very favorable, and you say yours was.  So there was no reason for them to have been removed.  Except that the website isn't working.

Author: grandcircle

GCT Trips Taken: 0

August 30, 2013

Hello Everybody -

Thank you for your comments - and your patience.  I am looking into why reviews disappear if you click the "Report A Problem" button - that is not the intented functionality.  Grammyflo, I found your review & resubmitted to our queue to be posted.

In the meantime, I will be working with our Development Team on this issue. I will post an update by Friday, September 6, 2013 (we have some people out on vacation).

Kind Regards,

Michelle

GCT/GCCL Forum Moderator

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.