Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: surath

GCT Trips Taken: 3
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Traveler Since: 2010

August 19, 2013

Looking forward to The Great Rivers of Europe and we would greatly appreciate any comments about the various optional tours that are offered. Looking forward to getting some replies. Thank you. Suzy

Author: gaynell

GCT Trips Taken: 4
OAT Trips Taken: 8
Traveler Since: 2005

August 19, 2013

Suzy, put the words "Great Rivers Optional" in the search box and ask for 50 results per page. You will find more information about the optional trips than you can imagine. Have fun!

Author: marybyrne

GCT Trips Taken: 4
OAT Trips Taken: 3
Traveler Since: 2007

September 03, 2013

Just returned August 16th.  Melk Abbey was fantastic!

Author: jeswlloyd

GCT Trips Taken: 8
OAT Trips Taken: 1
Traveler Since: 2009

September 04, 2013

Definitely recommend Vienna Musical, Melk Abbey, and Rothenburg. 

We went to Vienna Musical on a  Christmas cruise.  The performance was in a beautiful concert hall and included instrumental, vocal and dance performances.  Lovely evening.

Melk Abbey is a must see and you will probably still have time to stroll through the town if you like. 

Rothenburg is a delightful full day trip.  Beautiful town and if you prefer there is a town square where you can sit and people watch.  That's what my husband did.  It's a great town to explore.  We were there in November so we did Christmas shopping

We took the Baroque and Bavaria tour.  I think it is pricey for what it is.  We did have a very interesting local guide.  After the tour we had pretzels and beer at the onsite brewery.  Both were very good.  Actually the beer is quite strong and they give you a huge glass.  Most of our group had eaten and left for the gift shop, but my daughter and I were lingering over our beer since I was really feeling the effects.  Our waiter asked if we were OK and I indicated that I was feeling the effects of the beer.  He said he had something just for that.  He brought us each a shot of liqueur!  It was fantastic!   Of course we had a great laugh and we each bought a bottle of the liqueur.  So even though I think the trip was pricey,  you never know when you are going to have one of those moments on a trip when you connect with someone and you have a fond memory that lasts.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.