Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: patmckinney

Trips Taken: 8
Countries Visited:

29 countries

Traveler Since: 2009

August 11, 2013

I must be on a roll this morning.  

I think it would be wonderful to have the end date on the website for each trip.  I don't know about others, but I often have a copy of a calendar page near my computer and end up having to count days.  Then when I am trying to figure out pre-post trips. Yikes.

Maybe I am just dumb and someone out there has an easy way to do this. Maybe it's on the website and I just don't know how to use it.

Side by side comparisons on one screen would also be nice, but the dates would  be my priority.

Author: jeswlloyd

Trips Taken: 8
Traveler Since: 2009

August 11, 2013

I agree that it would be nice to have the end date as well as the start date when selecting a specific trip.  I always select the trip (and pre or post if applicable) and on the following screen you will see the end date. This method is a little cumbersome, but I know the exact dates according to GCT.  

Author: singsling

Trips Taken: 11
Traveler Since: 1995

August 11, 2013

I agree. I always have to figure it out for myself.  But, when they show a departure date on the last page of each cruise/tour, and they say the trip is x number days, you can start with that departure date from the US is Day 1, then the next day arrival in country and meet PD, is day 2, etc.  I make a calendar on the computer, then highlight the dates of the trip, and type in the first block of the trip "Depart for ___"  and on the last day of the trip, I type in "Return to US".  When I get the detailed itierary, I make changes to the calendar as necessary.  I also take the detailed itinerary in the handbook or what I printed from the  Internet, and pencil in at each day, the actual date.  This is because, I always leave my date and whereabouts (hotel/ship) with my family in case they need to reach me.  I don't like to wait until I get final documents to find out what date I'll be where and  when.  FWIW:  other tours do not include the first day and last day as "trip days."  So, if you are on other companies' tours,  Day 1 is the day of arrival in the foreign country (or State, if in US.),not Day 2, like GCT has.  And since I make my bookings by telephone, the travel consultant always gives me the dates right off the start before we go any further in the reservation making.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.