Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: lucycat

Trips Taken: 17
Traveler Since: 2004

July 05, 2013

Has anyone stayed at the Eaton Smart hotel in the New Dehli airport on their way to and from Nepal? I understand that if this hotel is used, one need not go to the expense and hassle of obtaining an India visa. If so, what did you think of the quality of the room? I understand that OAT used to use it.

Author: mkish46@yahoo.co...

December 11, 2013

No doubt  Eoten smart hotel is very good furnished and well clean abd reliable..  Big dining hall is there as well and most of the good thing is it is not costly like others..

Bus Service in NYC

-----------------------

https://lineonebus.com/content/new-york-to-raleigh-bus/

Author: merleo

Trips Taken: 13
Traveler Since: 1996

December 11, 2013

Lucycat:  I stayed at the Eaton, New Delhi airport on arrival and departure for my OAT Nepal-Himalaya trip late 2012. The rooms are comfortable, clean, quiet with private bath. Eaton sends a representative to meet guests at the gate (with name display) and takes guests to the transit waiting area; expect a little wait as this is a very busy area.  The only way to enter the hotel is by a boarding pass that is issued by the connecting airline.  The Eaton rep can help get that. Once the boarding pass is in hand, guests will go through security check (much like our TSA) and then check-in at the Eaton front desk. They have a nice dining room if you have time for a meal. While I didn't have the offer of another hotel except Eaton, I did have an India visa which I didn't use. I liked the convenience of already being at the airport and within walking distance of the departure gate.

Author: svncontinents

Trips Taken: 13
Traveler Since: 2007

December 21, 2013

We can certainly commisserate with those expressing exhasperation with the problems of obtaining an Indian visa.  We went through it this past August when we obtained our visa because OAT had changed the hotel and we had to actually enter India.  However, we understand one of the reasons why OAT made the change was to avoid the process the Delhi transfer desk uses, which can be quite lengthy.  In fact, it is actually easier and more convenient to actually enter India rather than having the transfer desk arrange for the transfer of your bags, which can take some time.  Since the connecting airline is different from the one you flew into Delhi on, you'll have to have the transfer desk obtain your boarding passes, which they generally won't give you until they arrange for baggage transfer.  Of course, the cost is a factor, but you'll need to pay for a transit visa anyway, but if you have an Indian visa, that won't be necessary.  The convenience may actually be more preferable than the cost of the visa( $67.50 for a 6-month multiple entry visa, if you do it yourself ).  However, India offers long term visas so if you're planning to go to India as an additional trip, you may actually be better off by getting one of the visas for the longer term.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.