Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: pauline

Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

August 13, 2013

I just received an e-mail reminding me to post a review on my recent Paris to Normandy cruise.  It said my comments -  meaning my evaluation, I guess -  were received.  Has that ever happened to anyone else? 

I've been of two minds about posting a review since they changed the format.  Grammyflo posted hers just before they did that, and there's only been one since.

I did take GoBuckeyes advice and attach a word document so that my comments could be read.  I tried block printing, and it was even worse than before.

Author: grammyflo

Traveler Since: 2002

August 13, 2013

Gee, hope I didn't scare anyone away, Pauline! :D:D:D:D  I go into that review page every day to see if travelers had different/same thoughts as I did.  I do my review in Word so that I can always refer to it if I have to, but it doesn't transfer well to the Reviews and makes one look like their typing is all one blob. Paragraphing did not transfer. Now, if this is a bandwidth problem, ok, but it makes for messy reading.  I am monitoring the Great Rivers of Europe reviews as well and they seem to be having problems there also.

I wish they would put in again when these reviewers travelled. I want to know what to expect at different times of the year they travelled.  I seem to get more cogent advice on this Forum than the Reviews. 

Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

August 13, 2013

I drafted my review in Word, and I've just been sitting on it waiting to see if anyone else was going to post a review.  Maybe I'll post it. But I wouldn't be transferring it.  Everytime I see something full of ampersands and percentage signs, I know the person transferred a word document.

They didn't comment on anything I put in my evaluation, and this time they'd be able to read it.  My only complaint was about that local guide at Mont St. Michel.  Otherwise, it was a great trip.

Author: grandcircle

Trips Taken: 0

September 06, 2013

Hello Everybody -

Thank you so much for your feedback on how we can improve the Traveler Review platform. We appreciate your patience as we’ve been working to update this area. 

The Date Traveled has been restored and can be viewed at the end of each review.   As you have indicated that you prefer to read reviews straight through without additional activity (scrolling, clicking for more information), we have removed the scroll bar in the individual reviews. All the reviews are now being displayed in full.

We want our website to be a better resource for you, our travelers, when you're planning your trips. Your feedback on how we can improve is very important. 

Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts.

Kind Regards,
Michelle
GCT/GCCL Forum Moderator

Author: gibbsgirl

Traveler Since: 2011

September 10, 2013

I am having difficulty viewing traveler reviews.  I always enjoy reading trip reviews - especially reviews of my upcoming trips (Paris & Seine River Cruise), but for the past several days when I go to Traveler Reviews, a message appears that reviews are being loaded.  This message remains onscreen for more than a few minutes, and I give up and walk away.  Is anyone else having difficulty viewing Traveler Reviews?

Author: grammyflo

Traveler Since: 2002

September 10, 2013

Mine are showing up just fine. (Seine: Normandy to Paris)  You will so enjoy this trip. Hope to read your review when you return. 

Countries Visited:

September 10, 2013

Mine are there also.  I've been checking daily after my review of the Paris to Normandy cruise disappeared for a while.

Author: lyn

Traveler Since: 2004

September 10, 2013

I am also having trouble viewing the traveler reviews.  The icon is spinning and it says it is loading, but nothing shows up. This has been going on for the past several days as reported by gibbsgirl.  I was able to access a few reviews on OAT, but not all.  I hope that Michelle from GCT will have some words of wisdom for this problem.  I enjoy reading the reviews and I miss not being able to look at them.

Author: fleetfoot

Traveler Since: 2006

September 10, 2013

I'm having the same problem as gibbsgirl.  Reviews are always loading but never do.  I have not been able to read any trip reviews in a number of days.

Author: tpreminger

September 11, 2013

Was having the same "loading" spinning disc and the reviews didn't appear.  Until, I changed browsers.

You can install Google chrome (free) in a few seconds.  It seems to be able to access any website and load videos, reviews, etc.

Author: grandcircle

Trips Taken: 0

September 11, 2013

Hello Everybody -

Thank you for your comments.  We apologize for the inconvenience some of you may be experiencing with our Traveler Reviews. Our Development Team is researching this issue & we hope to have it resolved soon.

As always, thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

GCT/GCCL Forum Moderator

Author: tomnat

Traveler Since: 2004

September 11, 2013

FYI Michelle,

Most but not all reviews now have "Date Travelled" at the end of the review.

Please check, e.g. our review for Sicily, "Don't Miss the Lucerne Option" & "Wonderful Cruise!!" for Rhine-Mosel, etc.

Thanks for getting back most Date Travelled's & eliminating Scroll Bars, but a few bugs still remain.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.