Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: noseycat

GCT Trips Taken: 5
OAT Trips Taken: 6
Traveler Since: 2007

June 25, 2013

Any chance of online completion of GCT/OAT trip evaluations (not reviews)?  Probably easier for many travelers, quicker and better for GCT/OAT.

Author: pauline

GCT Trips Taken: 11
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

June 25, 2013

We have asked for this so many many times, I've lost count.  It would be wonderful for someone like me whose handwriting, never good to begin with, has become progressively worse as time and arthritis take their toll.  Even my block printing is bad.  And for those couples whose impressions are not the same to be able to send separate evaluations would be great.  At least, they keep saying so.  We can just keep hoping.

Author: shatzi

GCT Trips Taken: 6
Traveler Since: 2009

June 25, 2013

Great idea! There could be two options...mail or online.

Author: gobuckeyes

GCT Trips Taken: 4
OAT Trips Taken: 9
Traveler Since: 2005

June 25, 2013

pauline (posted)....It would be wonderful for someone like me whose handwriting, never good to begin with, has become progressively worse as time and arthritis take their toll.  Even my block printing is bad. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just sayin;" In the absence of GCT/OAT making any changes to their trip evaluation procedure/process.

My had writing is bad too, my spelling is even worse. When I complete the trip evaluation form, I open up a "word" window on my computer for my actual written comments. If I have any comments fo put in the numerous comment blocks on the form, I just print see "note #1 attached", "see note #2 attached", etc.  The each paragraph's number in the word document corresponds to the "see note" numbers on the evaluation  When done I print the word document, attach it to the trip evaluation, and mail it all in in their prepaid envelope.  

Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

June 25, 2013

But, gobuckeyes, do you know if they read that?  They're so insistent on all the comments fitting into that block.

If it worked, that would be the way for me to go, if they won't make the evaluations available online.  But it still doesn't answer the question of a couple traveling together and then getting only one evaluation form.  If they don't agree on certain things, there's no way to allow both opinions

Pauline

June 25, 2013

pauline (posted)...But, gobuckeyes, do you know if they read that?  They're so insistent on all the comments fitting into that block.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes I'm sure they read them. On several past trip evaluations (I specifically recall on at least three occasions) I actually received a personnel call from a GCT/OAT employee thanking me for my comments and saying that they would forward my comments about the tour guide to the tour guide, etc. Now on my last trip (OAT's Ancient Kingdoms) I just received a "form email" and a "form USPS letter" thanking me for my evaluation and inviting me to post a trip report on the OAT website.

Author: ed watts

GCT Trips Taken: 1
OAT Trips Taken: 2
Countries Visited:

All seven continents, 113 countries and all states except Idaho.Plus some interesting places that are not countries such as The azores, Antarctica, Falkland Islands, South Georgia, etc.

Traveler Since: 2010

June 26, 2013

I have taken a vow not to ever fill out a hand-written evaluation again until 1) I can do it on-line  and 2) both my wife and I can do separate evaluations....If they quit getting hand-written evaluations I am sure the procedure will change in a hurry!

Author: janice!

GCT Trips Taken: 7

June 26, 2013

In 2006, a GCT trip became my absolutely worst experience ever with a group tour since I started traveling with groups in 1963. I spent considerable time completing the trip evaluation filling all the space on the form and adding at least one additional sheet with my comments. I even took time to call GCT to get clarification on which aspects of the trip were the responsibility of the PD and got a "dance around it" answer. I believe my evaluation deserved a response from GCT but there was none nor were there any from previous evaluations. That's when I decided to not waste time on GCT trip evaluations in the future.

Countries Visited:

June 26, 2013

I've always filled in the evaluations, although I was never sure how effective they were.  In two cases, my evaluations turned out to be quite lengthy because I was defending the PD and the local guide against some complaints I thought might be entered.  In one case, it was a question of the pacing, which a group of three thought was much too slow and that GCT "shouldn't accept people who used canes."  In the second case, one traveler accused the local guide in St. Petersburg of anti-semitism, which nobody else agreed with.

Pauline

Author: grandcircle

GCT Trips Taken: 0

June 27, 2013

Hello Everybody -

Thank you for comments - and your patience.

The Online Survey Project has been mentioned by travelers and by some of our own associates as the next step in terms of our Quality Surveys. However, given our available resources, we have chosen to first focus on improving our existing website - following feedback from many of you on what we need to do better with content and layout.

Our goal is to have online surveys available to our travelers in 2014 but do not have an exact timeline for completion at this time.

Again, we do appreciate your feedback & your patience.

Kind Regards,
Michelle
GCCL/GCT Forum Moderator

Author: noseycat

GCT Trips Taken: 5
OAT Trips Taken: 6

June 27, 2013

Thanks for the response! Good to see that the subject is at least being considered.  Your operating constraints are understandable, but maybe....  Thanks again.

June 27, 2013

See my last post above dated 25 Jun 2013., A lady from OAT just called (phone) me about my "attached comments" on my recent Ancient Kingdoms trip evaluation. Another verification that they do read them.  

Countries Visited:

June 27, 2013

So that's what I'll do from now on. 

May 20, 2014

Pauline...They did it again....See my earlier post above dated 25 Jun 2013., A guy from OAT just called (phone) me this afternoon about my "attached comments" on my recent OAT Turkey trip evaluation. Yet, another verification that they do read them.  

Author: dollywood

GCT Trips Taken: 18
Traveler Since: 2001

June 17, 2014

I have been asking for online evaluations for several years to no avail, so for my last five trips I have not bothered to fill out an evaluation.  Hopefully the post by GCT that they will try to have them in 2014 will actually happen. I am taking a trip in September 2014, so we shall see if online evaluations are an option.

Countries Visited:

All seven continents, 113 countries and all states except Idaho.Plus some interesting places that are not countries such as The azores, Antarctica, Falkland Islands, South Georgia, etc.

June 17, 2014

I took a vow last year (and maybe the year before) to never fill out another form unless it is on line. I bet my handwriting is worse than that described by Pauline!  I will be on the Amazon trip with Machu Picchu extension in August so if it is not on line by then they will be missing an evaluation from me!

Author: rblume8351

June 18, 2014

Aww, come on.  If you have constructive criticism, fill out the paper form.  It might make my trip better ;)

Countries Visited:

June 18, 2014

If I have constructive comments I will post them on line so everyone can see them until the on line evaluation is available.  I can not imagine why it has taken way over a year to get it accomplished! 

Author: jl.anderson

OAT Trips Taken: 4
Countries Visited:

With OAT/GCT: China, Peru, Ecuador, Ukraine, Russia, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa, plus 40+ more countries on my own.

June 18, 2014

When I fill out my paper evaluation, I make a copy for my own reference.  If the evaluations go to an online format, can anyone advise how a copy could be saved?  Surveys such as those through "Survey Monkey" are not savable.

Author: janice!

GCT Trips Taken: 7

June 22, 2014

Judy, the answer to your question woul depend on the design of the survey. If it was something Survey Monkey, then it would need the capability to compile all of the questions and answers into a report with a button to print it.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.