Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: alebenzon

Trips Taken: 1
Traveler Since: 2013

June 15, 2013

We are staying an extra day in St. Peterburg before flying out to Amstersdam in the evening. I know  you need to leave the ship after breakfast. Does anyone have a suggestion on where to store our luggage during the day in St. Petersburg?

Thanks!

Author: gobuckeyes

Trips Taken: 13
Traveler Since: 2005

June 17, 2013

Well, since nobody else wants to jump in here; I'll give a couple suggestions. (I have been to St Petersburg a couple times on cruise ship stops: however, I've never had a hotel room, flew out of or into, or looked for a luggage storage room there.)

1. Ask you tour guide for possible locations. My guess is there are hotels that for a small fee will store your luggage,

2. Ask someone at the closest tourist information centers: http://www.inyourpocket.com/russia/st-petersburg/arriving/touristinformation

3. If all else fails, you can store it at one of the train stations. Note: the Moskovskaya Metro Station and the Moskovsky Train Station are right next to each other. 

a. All the train stations in St. Petersburg, have all the necessary facilities: luggage storage (24h), bank, ATM, post office, rent-a-car, business center (with internet access).

and apparently there is a bus that runs between the Moskovskaya Metro Station and the Pulkovo airport: To get to the Pulkovo I airport on your own, one should either take bus or mini-bus #39 from Moskovskaya Metro station or take a taxi.  To get to the Pulkovo II airport on your own, you should take bus or mini-bus #13 from Moskovskaya Metro Station (about 15-25 minutes ride) or take a taxi.

see: http://palytra.com/en/about_russia/information_saint-petersburg/transport_system/going_to_st.petersburg

b. Information on the two main train stations, see: http://www.expresstorussia.com/guide/petersburg-luggage_rooms.html

Ladozhskaya Vokzal

(+7812) 436-53-10

The hall inside the station has automatic cells (lockers) that cost around 30 roubles. They can be accessed 24 hours a day.

There are also two luggage rooms at the station. They are open 24 hours, but there is a 'technical' break from 2:00 to 5:00 AM. You need to present your douments to use the service. There are two kinds of luggage rooms:

Automatic cells, which cost about 35 roubles

Room with an assistant, which costs about 35 roubles for up to 50 kg and 70 roubles for more than 50 kg. You pay at pick up.

Moskovsky Vokzal

(+7812) 768-45-97

Turn right at the middle of the main hall of Moskovsky Station in front of the monument to Peter the Great.

There are two kinds of luggage rooms at the station:

Automatic cells, which cost about 30 rubles, and can be accessed 24 hours a day.

Room with an assistant, which costs about 30 roubles for up to 50 kg and 60 roubles for more than 50 kg.

Remember that luggage rooms have a few breaks and in spite of their 24 hour working day you may have problems getting your luggage when you want. However usually the employees notify you (usually with a sign on the window) when these breaks will be.

Author: alebenzon

Trips Taken: 1
Traveler Since: 2013

June 23, 2013

Thanks so much!

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.